Thursday, February 24, 2005

Blog horn blowin'.....

The blog horn is back to advertise another interesting blog.

Snarkspot, the blog of author Jennifer Weiner.

I don't care if you've read her books: Good in Bed, In Her Shoes, or Little Earthquakes. You still MUST check out her blog. She's hilarious, sarcastic, hip, happenin', goofy. I like to think her blog is reflective of what mine would be if I had a much more interesting life.

Here's a snippet that I found quite amusing in all its grossness. Her stories about her daughter are a rip-roaring good time.....

Thursday night, at around midnight, I heard Lucy calling my name."Mama!" she called."Mama! Mamacita!"

I stuck my head into her room to find she'd thrown up -- all over the crib, all over herself, all over her blanket and sheets.

"Oh, no!" I said.

"Oh, Jesus!" said Lu.

We got her cleaned off, changed her into fresh pajamas, put fresh sheets on the bed, and then -- "Poo coming!" Lucy moaned, and threw up again all over everything.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I looove her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I've only read Good in Bed, but my library has Little Earthquakes, so I'm going to try it soon. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Her Shoes is good too. I felt like I could really relate to Cannie in Good in Bed, and In Her Shoes is practically about me and my sister in ten years, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got an ARC of Good In Bed like ages ago and never even cracked it. Maybe I'll give it a shot now, since you're raving about it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hilarious, Heather. Give it a try! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nevada_hottie2/27/2005 1:30 AM

    Hey Andi! It's Me Val!!! I absolutely love her books, I've read Good in Bed, and currently reading Little earthquakes, also a good one. If you like her you should also try Jennifer Cruise. I've read one of hers, I think it was called Bet Me, the main character made me think alot of you! Just a snarky girl full of vim and viggor! Loves!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vallll!!!! I'm reading Little Earthquakes now, too! I picked it up at the library the other day because I was lucky to find it checked in at all. I've heard lots of good things about Crusie. I'll pick up something of hers soon. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put Good in Bed on hold. Chicklit isn't usually my thing (just chicklit in disguise:), but she sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not my thing either, dahling. I just loved her snarkiness. Her voice sounded a lot like the one in my head. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!