Friday, February 25, 2005

Emotionally stunted fish and Friday indulgences....

Friday is my favorite day of the week because I don't have to work. In fact, I don't even have to think about work until Sunday sometime...and, actually, sometimes I don't even think about it until Monday. Anyhoo, Friday is the beginning of my weekend. Does that mean I get to lay around like a sloth? Nope, not so much.

Today, the biggest "to-do" on my list is to clean my fish tank. I've been putting it off and putting it off, and now I have a really nice fish tank with a not-so-nice green glow. The emotionally stunted part of the title of this pointless entry refers to my fish. My fish are shy and/or emotionally scarred. The tank has two frothy plastic plants in the back, a nice big rock in the middle, and the fish stay in the plants and behind the rock. It looks like I have an empty fish tank gracing my bedroom because one only sees the fish if one twists their body into a grotesque, most unpleasant position to peer behind the rock and into the plants. I refer to my fish as "the FB's" (finned babies). It's just too bad I never see them. Well, unless it's feeding time and then they turn into piranhas.

On a lighter-than-cleaning-algae note, Friday is also my favorite day of the week because it's my "eat anything I want" day. When I'm dieting I always allot myself one day of the week when I can eat anything I want. It keeps me from losing my mind and ditching the diet in favor of flavor. So what's on the menu you ask???

1) Exercise....first thing this morning (right after I get my bootay offline).

2) Not sure about lunch....probably something with a side of mac & cheese.
3) A popcorn snack at some point.
4) Dinner at the little "greasey spoon" cafe down the street. I think fried cajun catfish will be my drug of choice tonight with some fries on the side.
5) DESSERT!!! Cheesecake to be exact.

And tomorrow it's back to lettuce and eggs. Whee!

On TV: The Today Show
In the CD player: Evanescence's live CD...Anywhere But Home

9 comments:

  1. the "greasy spoon down the street"? do you mean the cafe? THE cafe? Velma's Brenda's Mom and Pop's the Cafe? Man. What I wouldn't give for a cheeseburger and some onion rings. How stupid. To miss the cafe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, same one, except now it's The Small Town Cafe. It's got some newish owners...well I think they've owned it for a few years now. They have the best beans I've ever tasted in my life. It really is the best it's been since Velma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. right- the asian family. This is a hilarious story about our little town. Dad kept telling me that some hispanic family had bought it, and everyone i talked to kept on saying that! I mean, like five or six adults in town told me they were hispanic. So i walk in the first day and we sit down and i start looking at all the asian decor and then i catch a glimpse of the family and i look at dad and say "dad. these people are ASIAN." and he goes "huh? oh yeah. i guess so...." aren't we awful?? how stereotypical of us all. "well, they ain't white and they ain't black, so they must be spanish...." (and of course, no one says "spanish" or "hispanic" they say "mexican" as though all people from below our borders belong to one HUUUUGE continent of "Mexico")hilarious. to me anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLLLL! Yeah, you'd think the last name...Ung...would be a tip-off! So much for culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need a fish tank like mine...tiny, and filled with plastic fish. The fish from Finding Nemo to be exact. And it even has a little light, and when you turn it on, the water moves around and the fish start swimming.

    Yeah, I'm a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heatherina,
    You're so not a dork. I've had TWO of those kind of fish tanks in my life. lol Loved 'em! But, I admit, aside from the tank cleaning I like my FB's better. ;o) The ones I had in NC were like dogs. They'd swim up to the side of the tank and make googly eyes at me when I got home from work. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andi, it's great that you workout yet still eat foods you enjoy.

    That's the only way to be happy. Working out and dieting is almost as bad as dieting alone.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, my aunt in CA had a tank like that and she hated it. I was so tempted to steal it, since it was the only thing that kept me company at night. Very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the only way to go for me, Denareena. I love food too much to totally forget about the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!