Monday, March 28, 2005

10 to 1

Shamelessly lifted from Dena's blog. You're a peach, my dear!


10 ENTIRELY RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
1. Cheesecake is one of my favorite foods, and it should have its own food group.
2. I only wear light, airy scents…like Cool Water and Caress Berry Fusion body spray.
3. My pot of bamboo and my hanging basket of strawberries are tied for favorite plant.
4. My car is horrendously dirty inside. I blame it on the fact that I’m a teacher, and my mere being seems to conjure piles of paper.
5. I’m something of an adrenaline junkie and I wish I was pierced again. It makes it harder to have a stud in your face when you have a responsible, grown-up job.
6. I’m filling out my FAFSA…barf.
7. I have a magnetic poetry frame which contains a pic of one of my favorite high schools classes I taught in NC. Right now it says: Love is show/Me am crazy/Run far.
8. I have a lemon meringue pie candle and a “passionate” candle burning right now.
9. I collect postcards from exotic locaions…like Connecticut.
10. I need a pedicure in the worst way. Just call me “Lizard Feet.”

9 WAYS TO WIN MY HEART
1. Be interested in what I have to say.
2. Broaden my horizons.
3. Laugh.
4. Touch me often and in loving, tender ways.
5. Cook for me or with me.
6. Let me shower you with affection
7. Open doors…especially car doors
8. Cuddle
9. Love my family (including the dogs)

8 THINGS I CARRY/WEAR EVERYDAY
1. Silver jewelry…always my claddagh ring
2. A book
3. CD’s
4. panties
5. Eclipse gum
6. a terrycloth covered ponytail holder…prevents breakage (the hair is never down past 3:00)
7. my library card
8. Burt’s Bees lip balm (it tingles!)

7 THINGS THAT ANNOY ME
1. fakey people
2. the toilet paper coming off the roll in the wrong direction
3. drivers who don’t blink
4. objectification of women
5. closed-minded people
6. dust
7. depression

6 PLACES I'VE VISITED
1. North Carolina
2. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3. Florida
4. Oklahoma
5. Mexico
6. every museum in the Dallas/Ft Worth area

5 THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE
1. Travel
2. Build a house (urban loft style...but out in the middle of nowhere)
3. Buy a motorcycle
4. Get two Masters degrees
5. Publish

4 THINGS I'M AFRAID OF
1. Failure
2. Being alone
3. Dying because of some preventable health issue
4. Getting my heart stomped on and dissected with a rusty pocket knife (metaphor, people)

3 THINGS I DO EVERYDAY
1. Read
2. Work out
3. Play with the pups

2 THINGS I'M TRYING NOT TO DO NOW
1. Eat crap and be slothful
2. Feel like it’s my fault

1 PERSON I WANT TO SEE NOW
1. Amanda and Crystal H. for a good ole girls’ night...so I cheated...sue me!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, the library card was also on one of my lists as well when I compiled one months ago, I want to learn how to throw mine like Ricky Jay does with playing cards, that way it is doubly a weapon of knowledge and lethal force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, now that's not a bad idea! Just call me Ninja Library Masta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having trouble thinking of blog originals. I'm going to lift this and try to get myself inspired to blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blogs like yours, I wish it had more about consolidate
    like ##lLINK## does.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!