Monday, March 21, 2005

Bite Me!

I've been dreamin' about sharks a lot lately. A couple of months ago I dreamed I was on a reality TV show on MTV. It was sort of a cross between The Real World and Survivor. One of the stunts was to swim this channel sort of thing, and one girl got attacked by a shark....bitten almost in half. Somehow she lived...it was a dream, OK!

Last night I had a dream that I was in Spain at the home of Toby Keith and Penelope Cruz....AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Oh, sorry, that part was much scarier than the shark, in my opinion. I was frolicking around their very large mansion which happened to have a great pool and water parkish type area. It was also right on another channel that ran out into the ocean. You could stand in their living room at the windows and see sea animals swimming through. The first thing I saw was a cute, squeaky dolphin. And then came big daddy. A huuuuuge, long, fat, slippery shark. He shot up out of the water only feet from where I was standing at the window, opened his huge toothy mouth, and went back under and away. Several more sharks swam through before I woke up...none quite as scary as the first one, but it was a dark, ominous feeling nonetheless.

I woke up, went to the bathroom, and I was still really sleepy, so I came back to bed and turned on the TV. Wanna know what was on TBS?? DEEP BLUE SEA!!!! Eeek! If you're not familiar, it's about a science lab out on the ocean where they're doing research into curing neurological diseases. They enlarge the brains of sharks, inundate them with some sort of protein, extract the proteins, and add them to human brain cells to stimulate activity in dying cells. The sharks end up supa-smart and flood the compound, trapping the team of scientists, and begin stalking them and killing them one by one. It's one of those cheesy movies that I can't help but watch every time it comes on.

So, after I was lucid enough to use the 'puter, I looked up "sharks" on a dream interpretation site, and here's what it had to say:

Shark
To see a shark in your dream, represents a person whom you see as greedy and unscrupulous. This person goes after what what he or she wants with no regards to the well-being and sensitivity of others. The shark may also be an aspect of your own personality which exhibit these qualities. Alternatively, you may be going through a difficult, painful, or unpleasant emotional period. The shark symbolizes feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others.

Yeah, well....

On to movies! Since I mentioned that Deep Blue Sea is one of those movies that I always watch on TV no matter how many times I've seen it, I thought I'd list some more. And feel free to share your own...

  • Resident Evil
  • Extremities
  • The Exorcist (since I finally watched it for the first time in 2004)
  • Alien 1 or 2
  • Bring it On
  • You've Got Mail (even though I own it)
  • Miss Congeniality
  • Undercover Brother
  • Deuce Bigalow (bring on the sequel!)
  • Ever After (also own)

.....and a number of other teen movies and horror flicks. I just hope I don't dream about another shark tonight. I've had enough for a few months.

13 comments:

  1. Ever After & Bring It On are twoof my fav.s

    Also Pitch Black which I can watch over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen Pitch Black. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I think I watched Legally Blonde twice this weekend...at least in parts. Another one I already own but can't resist. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaky! I had a dream about a shark either last night or the night before!
    So if you're dreaming about sharks, and I'm dreaming about sharks, you must be the shark!
    Oh wait... I could be the shark...
    Hmmm...
    We must both know sharklike people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a few, actually. lol Now if I could only dream of the sharklike people in the mouth of the shark...that's a winnin' dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how odd. i had a shark dream two nights ago. maybe its contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh! All these shark dreams. Good thing we're not near the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and i think i'm going to avoid them for awhile!! :)
    look at us! a bunch of landlocked psychos...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay- hilarious. You know your bit about Rosie's blog page? here is what the msn people have to say about it:


    "O'Donnell has been stewing over Alley's waistline for nearly a month. In late February, she dinged the actress in her stream-of-consciousness blog in a piece titled "Fat Celebs" (and yes, the fact that Rosie is blogging is a definite sign the apocalypse is imminent)."

    I cracked up. Hope you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOLLL! You rock! Thanks for the bit from MSN. Incidentally, Kirstie was on The View this morning, and she's just as annoying as Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, no shark dreams here. I have a dream every once in a while that my house gets surrounded by Mountain Lions, and one busts through the window to get me. Ever After, Save the Last Dance, How to loose a guy in 10 Days, Red Dragon, and Silence of the Lambs.

    CJ- When are you going to find out what you are having??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeww! Mountain lions would make for a most unpleasant dreaming experience. Don't think I've dreamed about them, but I'm sure to now. ;o)

    Good movie choices! I especially like Save the Last Dance, and Silence of the Lambs is an all-time fave.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anaconda. i would watch that again and again and again...just for jon voigt's changing accent and eric stoltz with the pen in his neck!

    the first time i saw it i had to stand laughing in the parking lot for 10 minutes because i knew i wouldn't be able to drive my car home without crashing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, changing accents and neck-pens. I haven't seen Anaconda, but I have a feeling I'll make a concerted effort to see it the next time it comes on. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!