I was planning to unload all my feelings about porn and beauty expectations today, but alas, I was busy with other things.
1) Woke up at 8am and went grocery shopping with Mom. Filled the house up with healthy stuff since we were pretty much out of everything...including bread and eggs.
2) Dropped some magazines off at the psychiatric hospital where Mom used to work.
3) Bought a hanging basket of strawberries for the front porch.
4) Came home and worked out.
5) Cleaned my gawd-awful room.
6) Read my latest issue of Utne cover to cover. I freakin' love this magazine, and April, you need this issue. All sorts of religion stuff that I think you'd enjoy.
7) Chatted with our neighbor, Mary Lynn. I'm now invited to join the town's library planning committee. Yes, my little town is getting a library, and I'm TICKLED about it.
8) Prepared salmon, shrimp, and salad for dinner. Yum in the tum.
9) Showered and read The Beauty Myth (not simultaneously). I should finish it tomorrow. I'm on the violence section now, and it's gettin' juicy again.
Posts on the way:
More Beauty Myth stuff, obviously
The promised porn post (goes with the Beauty Myth stuff)
Pics of my dogs
My favorite words
Further discussion of some interesting stuff in Utne
A recipe for the best crab dip on the planet
Lyrics to the song Thoughtless. It's been stuck in my head for about 2 weeks.
MP3: Nickel Creek....Reasons Why
In my head: Hoping I don't have a repeat of last night's dream. Last night I dreamed about a guy that showed up to my lunch book group last month, and he was stalking me in the dream. It sucked.