Thursday, March 17, 2005

Mucous Musings....

I woke up this morning feelin' like crap that had been run over by a garbage truck. Yep. That bad. I have a head full o'snot (let's not pretend that it doesn't happen to all of us) and a wicked headache. Thank goodness I'm on Spring Break--even though it's Thursday and almost over and I could cry--because I slept in until 9:40. Mom was nice enough to close my door on her way out so that Scooby wouldn't take ALL of my panties out in the back yard. Yes, he does that. He has a soft cloth fixation, so it doesn't matter if they're cotton or satin...everything is fair game. I'm just glad we have a privacy fence now. Before we moved here my panties were on display for the whole 'hood when he took 'em outside. Anyway, back to the snot. I got up, ate a half-bowl of Oatmeal Square cereal (carbs! but I had to have something) and took Tylenol Allergy Sinus. Normally that kills the headache in 20 minutes, but not today! Woo!

Got dressed, stumbled out the door, and I went down to the interesting (a.k.a.--raggedy)end of Greenville to apply for a part-time kennel worker position at a vet's office. Already filled! Great! Oh well, at least I found out who to call in order to roll my 401K over into an IRA. Just call me Finance Girl--leaping file folders in a single bound!!

I returned The Nanny Diaries to the library. It was "eh." Sloppish writing, somewhat icky dialogue in spots, but affecting enough that I wanted to slap the snot (SNOT) out of the characters. It's about an uber-rich couple in NYC and the AS(S)inine things they ask of their nanny. That's one job I could not handle without tranquilizers and vodka shots.

6 comments:

  1. Poor Andi! What a horrible way to spend Spring Break! I hope you feel better soon!

    Go curl up with a good book (nothing by those Nanny girls, bleck!) and read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've actually read that one! Can you imagine living like that? What a mess and what a bunch of psychos.
    Sinus infection? That's a lousy way to spend spring break. Lousy way to spend ANY period of time, as far as I'm aware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather and Clack!!

    Have you read The Nanny Diaries, too, Heather?? I think they're the ones that wrote the new book, Citizen Girl. Oh, and I hope Ellie is feeling better! I commented on your blog, but it's not showing up on the counter.

    What did you think of the book, Clack?? I can't imagine living like that!!!

    I don't think it's quite a sinus infection....just an allergy/pollen/weird weather cold type thing. I hope! This is the first day I've felt bad, and hopefully it's the last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed it from a brainless reading standpoint. Its supposed to be based on reality, right? That's nuts! I mean, the women in that book are complete psychopaths! and talk about childhood scarring....
    It was a fairly entertaining story, if a little rambly. Her writing still kind of skips and jumps all over the place. All in all I wasn't sad that I'd read it at the end, even though it was a miserably sad ending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I read it. Not very good writing, but like you said, got my involved enough to want to take off a few heads. No pending plans to read Citizen Girl either.

    And Ellie seems to be feeling much better, thank you! I drugged her up pretty good last night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Ellie is feeling better!

    And we seem to be at a consensus on Nanny Diaries.

    Which reminds me, every time I see that Diary of a Mad Black woman commercial I think they say diarrhea. Gross, I know, but that's what it sounds like!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!