Saturday, March 26, 2005

Prettying up the place...

I've added a few minor, but oh so much fun, things to the site. Over on the right, if you scroll a bit, you'll see a new Miscellaneous section for "stuff." Right now it's got a link to Snarkywood. I have to thank Dena for passing on that most delicious and hilarious site.

Also, I added my lil mood meter. I saw these on Heather's (Knit-Lit's) blog and thought they were adorable. So a big shout out to her! :o)

More posting tomorrow. I just finished watching Frida for the gazillionth time and I'm off to ponder and sleep. Salma Hayek is a goddess.

In the CD player: Sarah McLachlan...Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
Reading: Cold Mountain

4 comments:

  1. Salma Hayek is a goddess, I used to read this great book about Frida to my kindergarten students back in the day, it was so mystical and cool and they just loved the pretty pictures. I think I have watched that movie 43 times by now. I liked Snarkywood, very nice.
    -wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of that children's book, but I've never actually seen it. I'll have to search my library's site and see if I can find it. Sounds great!

    The movie is so touching and visually stunning. I love that they gave it a surreal feel that really highlights and compliments Kahlo's life and work.

    Glad you liked Snarkywood. I laughed so hard. I kept thinking of SNL's Donatella Versace takeoffs. Maya Rudolph does a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andiboo, I'm reading (okay, I cheat, I'm listening to) Great Expectations, so estellasrevenge is often on my mind. It was time to come say howdy and see what's going on in and around Dallas TX.

    I posted about seeing The Vagina Monologues. Do stop by and make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on my way, Catherine! I check your blog every day, so I'm glad to see some new posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!