No thoughtful and/or witty anecdotes tonight. I had a reasonably full day that went a lil somethin' like this:
1) 2-mile walk -- This particular route is mostly uphill, so my ass and thighs hurt right about now.
2) Wrangled hair, applied makeup (was successful with eyeliner), and dressed in my cutest casual.
3) Lunch with the girls. We had fun. Lesa brought Ben, and Kandice brought Joshua. We're supposed to go see Lesa's new'ish house next week.
4) Came home and right after I walked in, this lady who called yesterday about wanting to buy the desk we advertised in the paper called again. She said she had come earlier in the day and I wasn't home (as if I should've been). I distinctly told her yesterday that I would be out from around 12-2 and that she should definitely call first. She didn't.
5) Sat around.
6) Aforementioned lady and her husband showed up. She said I gave them the wrong address. I didn't. She wasn't wearing her glasses and read it wrong, so she'd been over at the neighbor's house lookin' for a desk for sale. She finally bought the damn thing and I got them back on their way. It wouldn't have been so bad if she wasn't mildly rude about the whole thing.
7) Finished Andrea Dworkin's book: Heartbreak: The Political Memoir of a Feminist Militant. This chick could possibly be nutty with a capital NUT, but I'd still like to read Woman Hating and Pornography.
8) Shower. I always use all of the hot water.
9) Dinner....one of my killer turkey sandwiches.
10) American Idol...Jessica got the boot!! WTF???
11) Sat on the porch with mom. The weather is gorgeous, and it's so peaceful outside.
12) Here I am, trying to decide what book to read next. It's a toss-up between a re-read of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or The Second Sex. Similar, right?
On TV: National Lampoon's Vacation...classic
In the CD player that I fell asleep with last night: David Gray...White Ladder
In ma head: I'm one size away from my skinny jeans and my calves are killer. Rock on.