Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Asinineanimity in the News

WASHINGTON (AP) - LaVar Arrington criticized the Washington Redskins for a failing to support him during his recent knee injury, an injury that forced him to have another surgery last week.

"It's like nothing in terms of the support from them, it's like nothing," Arrington told reporters at Redskins Park on Monday. "It's like, just let me disappear and die."

I'm sorry! The news is really tickling me today. I have to comment on a few stories beginning with the aforementioned whining from Lavar Arrington. I don't know Lavar...I've never so much as heard of Lavar, but doesn't this sound like a bit of an irate psych ward patient or a teenage girl??? "JUST LET ME DISAPPEAR AND DIE!!" complete with hand swats, tears, and pink, lacey pajamas. I think he's probably wearing crab pants (or panties), too.

************************

Bush's iPod playlist is drawing scrutiny! It's well-established here that I'm not a Bushite by any means, but leave his damn playlist alone. It's just MUSIC! One source said:

One of that song's lyrics, "Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch of the younger kind," prompted Spin magazine editor Dave Itzkoff to comment: "This wouldn't be consistent with Bush's image as protector of conservative values."

It's his iPod! He probably can't even understand the lyrics. He pronounces American "Amurca" and nuclear as "nucular." Gimme a break. Listening to "My Sharona" doesn't make you a panty-chaser.

Another source said:
The playlist does reveal a rather narrow range of babyboomer tunes. Writing in the London Times, Caitlin Moran noted: "No black artists, no gay artists, no world music, only one woman, no genre less than 25 years old, and no Beatles."

Is anyone really surprised?? I can't see Bushy flailing wildly to German house music.

15 comments:

  1. OKAY... LOL... Everyone I work with at the library is laughing so hard at the mental image of Bushy shakin it to German house music. I nearly peed my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is ITMS publishing his iPod list? Where did you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I read about this earlier and was thinking that I am FUCKED if anybody ever tries to make assumptions based on my playlist.

    This morning in the car:
    Soundtrack to Les Miserable
    Marylyn Manson Lest We Forget
    Quincy Jones Secret Garden
    Sade Lovers Rock
    Nine Inch Nails Further Down the Spiral


    So I am a psychopath with a soft side? Who knew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. os- here's the URL for one of the articles on bush's ipod playlist.

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1381204/posts

    ...i'll bet georgie has some skynard on there somewhere.

    it is a totally stupid way to assess someone, if you like one genre you're narrow-minded and if you have eclectic taste you're insane.

    my car playlist today:

    signs -snoop and justin timberlake
    automatic -pointer sisters
    c'est la vie -robbie nevil
    hollaback girl -gwen stefani
    le mobiler -rinocerose

    don't even want to know what that says about me...

    (and andi, levar is soooo wearing crab panties!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Bush iPod link. Missed that story somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Andi. There are far more important things to write about than what some fella in a big white house listens to while he works out.

    The cookie monster's diet for example :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cookie monster thing makes me SO mad! I'm never letting my kid watch sesame street!!
    I have to say, my IPOD playlist isn't incredibly PC either. I have to say its pretty cutting edge for a man his age to even HAVE an IPOD playlist! Come on now!! People are so stupid!
    And the lavar thing...come on now. They're FOOTBALL players, not a support group! What were they supposed to do? visit him with flowers and cards every day so he didn't get lonely? get a life!! what a whiner...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Glad you enjoyed that part, Amanda. I snorted when I typed it. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steph and Ago,
    I'm skee-rewed if anyone peeks at my playlist, too....

    John Prine
    Jay-Z
    Linkin Park
    Eve to Adam.
    Nancy Griffith
    The Dixie Chicks
    Kitty
    Footloose soundtrack

    ...you get the drift. we're probably considered a threat to national security.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fence,
    OhmyGod...I hadn't seen the Cookie Monster thing. When Sesame Street gets fucked with I'm up in arms!! Grrrr.

    Clack,
    I can just picture a herd of football players carrying daisies and cards to him. And some stuffed pink bunnies for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. no kidding! the redskins are a good enough team NOT to be manned by a bunch of pinkshirted candy stripers...
    Doesn't the cookie monster thing make you want to gag? as my friend lisa said "C is for Cookie...that's good enough for me!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. are the redskins in the superbowl?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Umm....

    I'm a basketball person. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andi its not just Cookie Monster. Everything is turning PC. Supposedly the kids nursery rhyme "baa baa black sheep" doesn't exist anymore. Can you guess that they've changed it to?



    Baa Baa Rainbow sheep!
    I mean there's no alliteration there, and a whole extra syllable?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh mercy. That's just crappy, Fence. lol Whoever came up with that version should be flogged.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!