Sunday, April 17, 2005

Bizzy Biznitch....



This weekend has been a flurry of activity, and it's not even Sunday yet.

Yesterday my mom took a day off in honor of her birthday, which is tomorrow. And I just forgot what the hell we did yesterday....

Five minutes elapsed time.

Ok, now I remember. We got up early, did our cardio, and went shopping. We whipped over to Rockwall and went to Target in search of gifts for Aaron's 2nd birthday. We bought him a crapload of the most adorable clothes ever and browsed around through the outdoor section and the books (suprised, anyone?). Mom had a hair appointment at 12:30 so we dashed out of Target and over to the therapist's office.....because aren't all stylists cheap therapists?? I know ours is. I love her. I'd keep her under my bed for those need-to-vent moments if she'd agree. After the cut we jeeped over to The Black-Eyed Pea for some meatloaf and squash casserole. Yay for the casserole, uggg for the meatloaf. I felt like a helium balloon after that foray into the underbelly of the culinary world. From now on I'm stickin' to the turkey and dressing. Came home, fiddled around the house, took a 15 minute power nap (unintentional), and then got dressed for an outing with Rachel. Her mother-in-law is sick with bronchitis, so I got her ticket to a Point of Grace concert. My Christian music listening has been pretty much limited to old faves like Jars of Clay, Watermark, and Destination Known for a longggg time, so it was good to be different. Point of Grace was amazing (oh the voices on those girls), but the real star of the show was Charity Vaughan. Her voice and style are like a cross between Joss Stone and Bonnie Rait. Very refreshing and sultry and fab. I will buy whatever CD she puts out whenever she does. Will be looking for it when I get done rambling here.

Today I woke up early, again, against my better judgement. Mom needed help getting Smidgen and Dash to the vet for their shots. I admit, they are a handful, so it's not like I could protest. Both pups were great....even when faced with an almost-hairless golden retriever with a fungus. Ugliest dog I've ever seen...but somehow charming. Dropped by Ernie's for BBQ on the way home, took an impromptu nap for the second day in a row (call the authorities!), and woke up with 10 minutes to get ready for Aaron's party. I managed....jeans, sandals, blue/green Bill Blass button-up. The party was adorable....Blue's Clues theme....and Aaron was mostly enamored with a foam rubber ball that he brought to the party. Ahhh, childhood. Ate cake and Blue Bell Birthday Cake ice cream (I'd shoot up with it if I could), and took tons of pictures. Came home, did more yard stuff: helped Mom put together a glass/metal dining table for the deck, arranged chairs, watered flowers, etc. Now I'm showered and rested and we had dinner on the deck (so nice), and I've been reading The Secret History. More to come about the book in a future post.

Tomorrow should be just as nutty. Church, Mom's birthday party, grading grading grading, and getting ready for my first library workday on Monday.

I'm going to bed, bitches!

**Note: Surprisingly, when you search Google Images for "biznitch" you get a picture of a great big almond.

TV: Saturday Night Live
CD: Bryan White

9 comments:

  1. Andi-

    Wow. Pretty hectic. I don't know about hairstylists being therapists though. Comic book store owners, maybe. (Although all they ever recommend is getting more drunk and buy more comic books. I should really get a second opinion from a record store owner or something.)

    -Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'm with you on the Christian music - I don't know anything about anybody anymore. 'Course, it doesn't help that there's only one Christian station up here and not only is the reception bad, so is the music... *sigh* But then, I get the general impression that folks up here don't dig praise and worship either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I can see the comic book store owner thing working. I haven't found a good comic store around here, so I'll have to keep you posted. I was tempted to buy the newest Fables graphic novel the other night, but I refrained for the time being.

    Cherbear,
    I don't listen to Chrstian radio very often. So many of the things they play are kinda cheesey. I like to find a fave and play the heck out of the CD. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the praise and worship for prayer (the slower stuff) just 'cuz it's gotta simple message that allows me to get quiet with God. And the other stuff is good 'cuz sometimes it's just great to sing really loud happy songs about Jesus. But I definately agree that some of it is so bad it's just annoying. There's one of those on one of our WOW cds... I skip it every time...

    I think my biggest beef with not have a Christian music station up here is that there are only two stations for me to listen to: Catholic talk radio, and pop-country... Most of the rest is rap and R&B with a little rock type stuff thrown in. Not my cup o' tea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless it. Christian music is SO bad. I wouldn't have pegged you for a Point fan, though. I have to say I'm not overly enamored of them, although they do have more #1 songs than Chicago (no lie). Anyway, you should really try a little switchfoot. they're excellent and a really big deal right now. Also go check out www.tendaysafter.com :) I'm biased, but i really do like them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. CJ- I loooove switchfoot. They are so great. I bought their cd a few months back, and that's all I listen to in the car. No help that there are NO stations with reception out here, except a rock station, and Art Bells 'Alien spotting talk radio show'!!! Yikes, he scares me... When I picture him, the thought of that guy in Greenville that drives the old t-bird with all the reflectors and antennas plastered all over it!! Do you recall him??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clack,
    I'm not so much a fan of their music as their voices. Some of their songs are pretty cheesey, but their voices are fab.

    I loves me some Switchfoot. I haven't bought their CD yet because they get played on XM radio allllll the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you realize that true people of class were all born in mid-April?

    Can't comment on the Christian music. Other than I love the old up-tempo, praise-to-Jesus, fire & brimstone gospel choir music. There's only a couple of Christian stations around here, and whenever I scan through them, I'm not very impressed with what I hear. Over-produced and very artificial sounding. I don't object to the message--just the music itself. The bands that have become almost mainstream sound OK, but in general, I don't listen to the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Os,
    That's my beef with Christian music...most of it is "canned" sounding. I like more acoustic stuff myself (in general). There's a Christian band that I loved in college that's all about guitars and piano...so real. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!