Thursday, April 28, 2005

My ass is draggin'.....

This working 6 days a week thing is kicking my ass. I'm soo tired, darlings. I've been slacking on my workouts, and I've decided that if I don't work out BEFORE work it's never going to happen. I'm so slothful by the time I get home that I don't wanna do anything other than get horizontal and read (or be a total sloth and watch a bushel of TV). Speaking of TV, Constantine the Gross....aka, Connie (hi, Jeff), got kicked off tonight. There is a God and he's smiling at me and my favorites. Sing on Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice. Oh, and I'm going to get that Gavin Degraw CD tomorrow if it's the last thing I do. Then I'll be able to squirm whenever I want...at the push of a button.

Tomorrow is the last class meeting before I start giving final exams to my students. My Reading class is having a party, and I have every intention of eating myself into a carb-induced coma before I start working out again on Friday morning.

Today a woman came into the library...older, bad straw hat, yard-workin' clothes. She returned a book called, "How to Teach Your Dog to Behave." That started a conversation...me being a rabid dog lover and all. Well, I don't love rabid dogs...I love normal dogs rabidly. You know what I mean. Anyhow, I asked what breed of dog she has, which prompted her to tell me all about how her new Yorkie came from a puppy mill (unbeknownst to her), and now the WOMAN has a FUNGUS that she got from the dog. Said fungus can easily be transmitted to people and other animals through casual contact. Yeah, bring on the alcohol pads and Lysol. I have three dogs that have always been fung-free, but now that I work in a library we'll probably all get it. *scratch*

I'm going to bed. Wish me dreams of cheesecake and Gavin Degraw bein' my baby-daddy.

13 comments:

  1. Ah yes, no one ever mentions that libraries aren't the most hygenic of places

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, kid snot and adult fugi. MMMmmm good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff here...Connie the Yellow Toof finally left. Trach-wonder Anthony or Oval-Head Scott should have received Das Boot first. I dropped into a deep depression after Ambiguous Anwar left. He was so trying to be Stevie Wonder...and now I'm depressed again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and you can't say "squirm" and "button" in the same sentence....just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JEFF!!! You haven't been online in ages and I was beginning to think yas didn't loves me anymore.

    I actually agree that Anthony or Scott prolly should've gotten the boot first. But, I can't hide that fact that I'm thrrrrillllled that Connie is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's DISGUSTING. about as bad as our folk who come in crawling with lice and smelling like they haven't bathed in...um...ever. nasty. don't you just love working with the public???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, yeah. The public is fan-frooty-tastic. lol
    There are wackos everywhere. There's no escaping them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. me too, so tired i can't work out or type. i even missed kickboxing on monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you missed kickboxing it's gotta be some pretty serious fatigue. I had planned to walk tonight, but my mom talked me into dinner at the local cafe. Grilled chicken salad. Was YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!