Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Rejuvenation!

Thank you for telling me to shut the hell up and go on my trip. I arrived in Waco around 4:30, met D at his office, he took me to A's going away reception with the suits, I gave her a hug, and she told me she'd gimme the scoop at the "good" party. D and I trotted off to see the new buildings on campus, and there are a shitload of new ones. It's like the brick-n-spires jungle. The science building is breathtaking...or it was until he told me about the dead bods on the top floor....CREEPS! He showed me the North Village (first co-ed residence hall in Baylors 100+ year history). You could almost smell the sex from outside. Oh, and we checked out the Panhellenic center...aka the Cave of Sororities. Went to the motel, changed, talked a while, then we went to the mall and shopped for a perfectly fitting card for A-train and laughed over the cow figurine that I suggested he give to her and pass it off as a moose. We discovered a BIGASS Books-A-Million in the new mall next to Logan's and spent a good bit of time perusing the goods. We're both self-proclaimed dorks, so it was fun. Went to Logan's, didn't drink, but got high on life, and had the best buffalo chicken sandwich ever in the world. Went back to the 6, chatted, and he went home. I slept like a rock until the fucker next door slammed his front door and woke me up. Headed back home around 8, book shopped at Half Price, and arrived at the crib around 10:30. Called and ordered Mom's b-day cake, talked to Mom's 50th b-day planner (also known as my cousin), called the library and got my schedule for next week. I start Monday....working M, W, F, and Sat....8hr days. This will seriously cut into my blogging time...but I guess the money will make up for that. *sob*

I feel revived, rejuvenated, and totally naughty for leaving town on a week night (am I 80?).

More later....

19 comments:

  1. That was the quickest trip ever!!

    I am glad you had fun- Waco can be depressing and I try not to spend too much time there although the campus is really nice.

    Glad to have you back up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone told me once that you can't smell sex unless you're thinking of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently you WERE 80, before getting in your car and doing what had to be done!! :)
    Glad you had a good time.
    Did you say "got high on life"? I take it back. you ARE 80...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun. I enjoyed reading the whole post until the part about the 50th Birthday Planner...

    I didn't know you had to have one of those!!! Do I have to find my own or expect someone else to do it for me? Do I start looking for one now, or is 2 years out too early? Should I just run out in front of a bus and get it over with so I don't have to deal with it???

    And today was going to be such a relaxing day.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph,
    I like Waco overall. For some reason I'm having a mad urge to go to the Cameron Park Zoo. Don't know where that came from. Must've been the crab pants and whale skirt on ago's blog. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoagie...
    You caught me. Damn you for being so insightful. But, then again, I'm always thinkin' about sex. Linoleum is enough to turn me on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Clack! D couldn't drink because he's a supervisor, so I wasn't going to subject him to drunk Andi unless he could partake. See, I'm only 60.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Os,
    Don't fret! Oprah recommends a 50th b-day party planner, but it's not absoutely necessary. And it should def be someone else. If you're celebrating a half century you should be pampered to the nines. Tina Turner is also optional for a 50th celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. geez, everyone's turning 50. My mom, your mom, some guy I know's mom. Hoagie's mom.

    Andi, did you buy any BOOKS?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did! Here they are:

    Charlie All Night, by Jennifer Crusie

    The Chalice and the Blade, by Riane Eisler (women's studies)

    Bachelor Girl: 100 Years of Breaking the Rules--A Social History of Living Single, by Betsy Israel.

    Read any of 'em?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have your delivery of linoleum miss, where would you like me to put it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. O- and I bet you are going to be ever so jealous when I tell you that I can see a 1/2 Price books from my office and I go there on my lunch hour to fondle the books and cds.

    Oh wait - you are going to be working with books all day long. Damn you. Damn you to hell.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One big difference, Steph...I can't keep the books I work with. Nor can I buy them. It's going to be like wikked foreplay...always looking and touching, never possessing. I'm really not as horny as I'm coming across today...the analogy just worked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...and library books are dirty & dusty as hell, not pleasant and clean and smooth like fresh new books. and they ruin nail polish in about 10 minutes flat so don't bother. i'd recommend investing in some soap (or hand sanitizer if you're not near a sink) & hand lotion. if you're not already, you shall soon become a compulsive hand-washer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can imagine, ago. I'll be all dry and cracked. Yay! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha!! you're not 80 because you didn't drink! you're 80 because you actually USED that phrase!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, meanie. I use that phrase semi-often. I might even make it my quote here. :oP~~~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!