Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Blog Break and Assorted Hodgepodge

After a blog break for the last few days, I'm feeling slightly refreshed. Slightly. I still feel a little uncreative and wordless, but I'll see what I can do.

I've decided that Jennifer Weiner is officially trying to annoy me. She hasn't posted on her blog in over a week. Given, she said she was gonna be traveling, but gimme a break. You can fiiind a computer in over a week when you're a touring author. She's just trying to drive me crazy. She's doing a fine job. Here's an old snippet....facts about Lucy at age 7 months:

More hair. Light brown. Looks blond in the sunshine. Seems to be on the wavy side. She still also has her little bald spot, smack in the middle of the back of her head. It's perfectly round. Like a crop circle. And beneath it is the last remaining lock of the dark-brown hair she was born with. Which looks like a baby mullet.

I've also decided that my hormones are attempting to kill me. I won't go into details.

I'm celebrating the release of Dave Matthews Band's new album. I will shortly be falling out of bed (where I still reside because it's my day off), putting on my trusty Pat Green shirt, and making the pilgrimage to Wal-Mart to pick up my copy of Stand Up. The bad was on the Today show this morning, and it was the first time I heard the new single, American Baby. I give it a thumbs-ups, although...it did seem a little bland after the cuts from Everyday and some of their earlier stuff. We'll see. I still have hope. And Dave still looks nice playin' a guitar.

This post sucks. I'm quitting while I'm ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Andi-

    Why Dave Matthews? Move into the Weezer light. That's why I'm heading over to Wal-Mart.

    That and outrageously cheap prices. Sure, I know they're raping America, but such good prices!

    -Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't even find the new Dave CD at Wally World!!! It was such a crock. I didn't save! *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I miss it when you don't talk about hormones and other girlie stuff....

    So did you go somewhere else to get it? I heard Dave's new single on TV last night. I agree--it sorta sounded bland. Not what I would have expected. But I'm not a Dave fan, so I might not be the best to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave's pretty cool and I like Weezer okay. All their stuff sounds kinda the same. Pretty much all bands don't branch out these days -- they just sound the same. I was even disappointed in the latest Tori Amos CD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Os,
    I popped over the Hastines and picked it up. I'm on my first complete listen-through right now and it's pretty....vanilla. Disappointed so far, but maybe it'll grow on me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda,
    DMB used to sound new and fresh every time to me....even though it was always the same basic style. Seems like since Everyday (and Glenn Ballard, although thank God he didn't work on this CD) they've been losing steam. *sob* I never bought Dave's solo CD. Now I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!