Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Funkdefart...

I'm in an all-around funk. My attention span is the length of Michael Jackson's dick, I'm uninspired, and generally blah. BUT, I did find my Haunted (Poe) CD. That makes me very perky indeed. I could almost stone myself for not catching her at The Engine Room in Houston in 2002. Bad me!

I'm tempted to re-read an old favorite to get my juices flowing. I have the urge to read, but picking up something new and unconquered makes me quease. I have a slight urge to re-read The Alchemist for a bit of new age philosophical find-your-dreams dogma shot. Or, I could pick up The Hours and be reminded of the fact that I'm not cut out for children yet. Or, I could re-read some old Edgar Allen Poe to go along with my Poe CD. Or even her brother's book, House of Leaves, for a supremely delicious creep and another nice accompaniment to the CD.

Last night one of my students was lamenting the fact that she doesn't know exactly what she wants to do with her life. "Welcome to the club," was my response. Yes, I know I want the MA and maybe the Phd and I want to teach, but doesn't everyone still have those moments when they think there's MORE? They're missing something or refraining from doing something they've always thought they'd do or longed to do. Yeah, I'm young, blah blah. Plenty of time. I'm also the least patient person I know.

You thought you could keep me from lovin'
You thought could feed on my soul
But while you were busy destroyin' my life
What was half of me has become whole.

A lil Poe fo' ya. The girl, not EA.

She's so deliciously spacey and creepy. Another in-the-runner for the lesbian wife position. She's too good to be a girlfriend.

A few more Poe niblets:

And I'm haunted
By the lives that I have loved
And actions I have hated
I'm haunted
By the lives that wove the web
Inside my haunted head

*****************************

I go wild 'cause it doesn't make sense
For me to cry out in my own defense
Wild 'cause I would do anything
To tear you off your precious fence

So this is what it's like living in limbo
First I'm high then I'm so low

*****************************

Been there done that
(Say what?)
Get the hang of it
Get screwed
I screw you I had a whole lot of fun with it
I've had enough now so you better take a bow
It's gonna be a new experience if you wanna play with me

Daisy chains and maryjanes
Happy ending fairy tales
Cannot fool me now

*From my personal favorite screw you song: I'm Not a Virgin Anymore

TV: BS
Reading: What did I just say?
In my head: All that is vile and vindictive.

P.S. The dark lady, of profile fame, is back. Much better.

16 comments:

  1. Andi, there's a singer named Shannon Wright whom I think you'd enjoy immensely. The first time I saw her live I stood in stunned silence, my mouth agape, awed by her briliance. I'd be happy to make a CD of her best songs and forward it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, sounds yummyyyy! You can e-mail me at trippingtowardlucidity@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really does sound like you're in a funk. Just the same as if I couldn't get into some sort of music. And that would royally suck! Hope you snap out of it.

    And how might you do that??? HNT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for bringing back dark lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Dark Lady!!

    And with her re-emergence, Andi is in a dark place herself! Perhaps you need something light and airy to perk you up. Thought of any chicklit you could read? Perhaps just some good parts of Good In Bed or In Her Shoes?

    Or, since you're feeling rather dark, maybe you should read something dark, like the Poe you mentioned. I tried to read House of Leaves once...scared the bejesus out of me! I'm such a sissy.

    PS: I'm 27 and I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either. Except for the mommy part. And yes, I have the "there must be more to life that this shit" thoughts every since day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Os. HNT is the answer to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heatheroo,
    I'm thinking of walking up to my shelf and just grabbing something and going with it. I've heard of a lot of people doing that, but I've never been that random.

    Good, I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice face there Johnny....didn't mean to bum you out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah, that is supposed to be every SINGLE day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I figured, and I feel your pain. My own typos make my butt pucker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm like way stupider than usual lately. If I didn't know better I would think I was preggers! God forbid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeek! All of my friends are pregnant...you'd fit right in! And I'd buy you stuff if you were!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shhhh!! *knock on wood* I'm not quite ready for another one! Ellie's not even 2 yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa. The song Haunted from Poe reminds me of one of the most intense moments in my life. *shiver* You know how a song plays in the background during an event, then it foreve ties itself to you... I can't listen to that one without freaking out, dialing 911 and saying ten Hail Mary's! Great site, linked here randomly from yournamehere's ;-) Damn, I forgot how much I liked that cd....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jaxe,
    I knowww the feelin'. I read the book and picked up on the CD my sophomore year of college. Lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!