Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'd like to buy a bowel....

From the moment I woke up yesterday I was in a state of bowel-twisting anxiety. I went into the college's online resource for teachers and checked my class numbers. There was a grand total of 6 students registered. For summer that's not that strange, but I was still afraid of being cancelled. I threw on my clothes and makeup in a record 15 minutes and headed off to the school to see if my class was getting the axe. I stuck my head into the director's office with a sad look.

"How many do you have??" she chirped.

"Six," I croaked. "Am I gonna get cancelled?"

"Nope. We're required to have a Learning Skills class at night, and you're it, Babyyyy"

*1,000-watt smile* "OK! See ya tomorrow!"

Whew. I checked again last night, and now I only have five students, but at least I'm still gonna be able to teach it. I'm not sure if I'll get paid the full amount or if it'll be pro-rated by student, but at least it's something.

Class starts tonight at 5:30 (and goes until 9:20). I'm looking forward to it for some weird reason...even though this class is pretty boring to teach.

9 comments:

  1. so...if you're lucky all but one will drop out. woohoo! and it'll be some hot guy who's actually old enough to date...oh wait. never mind. i'm getting ahead of myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers aren't supposed to date students!!! At least, not while they're teaching them...
    Anyways, congrats on keeping your class! Are you keeping the other one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what?

    you're dating six students?

    wow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should post a half-nekkid picture so that your new students can see what your toe looks like....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only a few more hours left....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not happenin', Clack. It's an all-girl class. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, Cher! All is right with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Os. No digi cam here. I thought I had an old toe picture (which I think its against the rules of HNT).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!