Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Multitudinous Maladies

I had a long string of annoying-but-not-life-threatening ailments burst forth upon me today. Mikel must be rubbing off.

1. A new case of swim ear--in a different ear this time.
2. A lobsterific case of sunburned shoulders and nose. Not really sunburned, more slightly overcooked.
3. A massive bruise on my calf and another one on my thigh.
4. A malfunctioning wrist.
5. I busted my knee on the bench beside my bed. My fault for putting alcohol in my ear before I was already laid out on my bed, thus having to walk around with my head cocked at a 90 degree angle.
6. Sinus drainage the likes of which I've never seen. This is sinus drainage straight from Satan.

Must heal before the weekend. This loser has plans! Watch out!

On TV: Nothing! Everything on TV is shit!
Music: Coldplay...X and Y
Reading: Something from my massive book pile. Or maybe just Bust magazine.
In my head: Dirty pool water and snot.

13 comments:

  1. Hey, Grace. How did you get the bruises and funky wrist? And plans for the weekend? What's up with that? Details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you drink enough, you'll feel better. Of course, you may fall down, subjecting yourself to more injuries, but that's the chance we take, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coldplay is heavenly; they'll cure you of your ailments.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANDI
    THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW,,,,MY FIRST THREE PAPERS WENT OFF SMASHINGLY LAST WEEK!!! 50/50, 95/100, 47/50....AND POINTS AHEAD OF THE CLASS AVERAGE ON ALL THREE!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I GET A WHOOP-WHOOP! :):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome is X and Y? I listened to it so much that I'm thoroughly sick of it already :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Os,
    I have no idea. It wasn't by any fun on my part, I assure you.

    I have a visitor coming to ...visit. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Todd,
    An amaretto sour is on the menu for sure. Maybe 3. I don't care if I fall down. Bring on the pain. It hurts so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kikhwa and Sojourness,
    Coldplay is smoothe as butta. I listened to it until I got sleepy last night and had lovely dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. honorary aunt. stepgodauntonceremoved is WAAAAY too hard... :)
    glad the pool is finally doing what it was created for. at least you got to swim long enough to GET a sunburn without any weird algae folk attacking you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. VAL!!!!!

    Congrats! I told you that you'd do excellente, silly girl! Blow that class out of the water I tell you! Keep me updated on how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clack,
    I was swimming around telling mom, "There are particles. The particles are after me." But it's still better. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. geesh, you poor thing. maybe you should stay in and hide under something no? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you're probably right, Corinna. I'm a danger to myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!