Thursday, August 11, 2005

Blog Sloth Strikes Again

Yeah, I'm a slacker. I didn't even visit my usual HNT staples today. Why? I was busy laying in bed, eating brownies, and chatting with D. I did leave the house for about two hours in order to go to Wal-Mart and buy hooker red nail polish, ATM some money to hand over to my mother, and I stopped by the library.

It was supremely fulfilling to answer a man at the reference desk with, "No, sir, I do NOT work here." Mega-bitch was in with Embarrassed Hubby checking out movies. They looked at me as if I had three heads because I wasn't behind the desk giving them verbal fellatio. I sneered, and went back to ignoring them. Happy DANCE!

Tomorrow's menu: Much slothfulness except for the fish tank cleaning. Tomorrow night, much merrymaking and frivolity. There might be an amaretto sour involved. Watch out!

On TV: Crap.
Listening to: Gavin Degraw (baby daddy)
Reading: The back of my eyelids.
In my head: Endless possibilities and imaginary scenarios.

7 comments:

  1. I'm all for the frivolity; a little old for the merrymaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was home sick today, so I was able to keep up to speed with HNT. And I'm still behind. I think that HNT-surfing may become a 3-day event. I've been finding stragglers as late as Sunday!

    I envy you the ability to go back and smirk at those who smirked first. How long before you whip out your middle finger at them?

    Enjoy your evening tonight--take the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merrymaking takes a little more umphf, Todd. Don't feel bad.

    Os,
    Hope you're feelin' better. I'm going to attempt to catch up on HNT'ers today.

    I shall whip my middle finger out next time.

    If I take the camera I'll lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh Andi,

    Little is better than running into people who caused you problems or whom you disliked at work after you no longer work there.

    "Actually, I had to be paid to talk to you. Now get the f out of my face".

    Not that anyone would actually do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amaretto sours rock. One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz,
    You sound distinctly like you're speaking from experience. That's why I love ya!

    PlatinumGirl,
    They do, don't they? Heaven. But I didn't have any last night. I was too full of ribs by the time it was all over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed this post, but I was struck by your title as I just posted about sloths!! I should have linked to you in my post for an example of "sloth-like"!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!