Thursday, August 18, 2005

Brimming!

I went to the university campus today for a meeting with the financial aid people about the dreaded $28,000 loan (not much came of that). While I was there I went ahead and picked up four more books for my courses (only two more to buy!), got my ID made, went to fill out some paperwork for the GA job, and got my parking sticker. I always feel a little charge just being on a university campus. Like little particles of inspiration and ideas worm their way into my brain. On the way home I had an idea for an interesting project for my English students to do this semester, had an idea for another magazine article, and even some research ideas. I normally wouldn't think anything of it, but my brain has been in complete hibernation since...oh....April. It's been really bad for the last couple of weeks (vacation), but the overall thoughtlessness has been kickin' since I took the library position. I'm so glad my neurons are firing again. I was beginning to bore myself. I even feel the urge to read again. Praise Jehovah (God)!

To do:
Write three reviews for Projectile Reviews
Try to knock off a few books before the madness starts
Catch up on book discussion groups
Write down all these ideas before they waltz out my left ear

On TV: I just turned off Bring It On Again
Music: Flipping back and forth between Amerie and Coldplay
Reading: The Obsession: Reflections on the Tyranny of Slenderness
In my head: Thought-gasms

6 comments:

  1. I always have these great post ideas while I'm driving. And then when I get home, nothing. I need to record my thoughts in the car. Hmmm.. that might be scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have good ones in the car, too. I thought about a tape recorder, but that's a little too...weird...even for me. I talk to myself enough as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get my best ideas while driving, too... and I've thought about a tape recorder, too. But it would remind me too much of when Norm MacDonald was on SNL Weekend Update.

    Andi - I absolutely love:
    "Praise Jehovah (God)!"

    That cracked me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,
    Were you reading when I gave the explanation for the Jehovah(God) thing? It cracks Clack up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. &-ee,

    Glad to see those juices flowing! Now just remember, pace yourself, you don't want to burn out too quickly. You have a whole semester to wade through.

    Have I told you how lucky you are! I'm green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather,
    The pacing is going to be VERYYY important. Very very. These bursts never last long, but hopefully it won't be so long until the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!