Monday, September 26, 2005

Misc.

I'm exhausted, but I wanted to let you all know that I'm still kickin'. Thank you so much for the comments in regard to the death in my family. I'll post more about that later, but I don't have the energy right now.

I was just flipping through my paper journal reading through random entries, and I decided I'd give you an inside peek. Sort of. Here are some random quotes and scribblings from years gone by:

I'm waiting for the blood to flow to my fingers,
I'll be alright when my hands get warm.
Ignoring the phone, I'd rather say nothing.
I'd rather you'd never heard my voice.
Too late to be gracious
And you do not warrant long goodbyes.
You're calling too late.

--The Best Deceptions, Dashboard Confessional

"Women, I'll give you a tip...if you tell a guy something this week and he remembers it next week then he's probably the guy for you." --Jay Leno, Tonight Show monologue

"I like individuality. Everyone doesn't have to walk, talk and smell alike." --Moody Brews worker man. In reference to my blue hair and eyebrow ring in 2001.

"...let the quiet put things where they are supposed to be." --The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

"Thank you so much for taking a chance and bringing your sweet face into our lives." --Cathy from East Duplin High School

"Every correspondence is skewered by invisible perforations, the small holes of the unwritten but not the unthought, and as time went on, I hoped fervently that it wasn't a man who was missing from those pages I received every week." --from What I Loved, by Siri Hustvedt

"I don't waste time with 'I don't know.'" --Me

On TV: It's off.
CD: X & Y...Coldplay
Reading: The Diamond Age (for 2 more weeks)...just finished Off with Their Heads, by Maria Tatar.
In my head: Anger and loss.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this one:

    "I like individuality. Everyone doesn't have to walk, talk and smell alike." --Moody Brews worker man. In reference to my blue hair and eyebrow ring in 2001.

    especially the "smell alike" part. And it would be a miracle to be able to tell a guy anything and he remember it for longer than a minute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!