Monday, September 26, 2005

Whatever

OK, so that last post was on the verge of maudlin shite, but I don't fuckin' care. I'm tired...and cranky...like I said. This is what my life boils down to right now:

My great-uncle that died was awesome. He was a good man. He trained racehorses. He was a cowboy. A real one. He gave good hugs when I was four. He had the bluest eyes in the family...right after my grandpa.

My uncle--the one pissing on everyone's parade for money--is up to NO GOOD and is an asshat.

I would love to quit both my jobs, ditch my degree, and go to work for the Federal Reserve so we could pay asshat off and NEVER SPEAK TO HIM AGAIN. It's terribly grown-up-feeling to realize you loathe one of your relatives. I love my relatives...and loved this one up until, oh, 7 months ago or so. Now I have no respect...NO RESPECT for him at all. I wish I could tell him what I really think of him. I wish I could knock him over. I wish I could turn him in to the cops. I wish I could make him stand naked in a town square and be pointed and laughed at. I wish I could expose him for the fraud he really is. I wish I could make him hurt as badly as he's hurt all of us over the years.

I look like and feel like 7 miles of bad road. I don't care.

10 comments:

  1. andi,
    it makes me very angry that your uncle is causing you so much pain. You deserve people in your life that make you happy. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that. Was it sudden/expected/chronic???? If I may be so bold as to ask....

    So what keeps you from doing any of that stuff about your uncle? If he's as bad as he sounds, then you're probably not the only one that feels that way. I don't think there's an easy way to do things, so the next best option is quick and clean. Be done with him.

    My two cents. Don't come back until you're ready. We'll carry on without you for a little longer if we have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so bad. You must be very emotional now. 'Good hug' relative has died and 'shit-for-brains' is still pissing you off. I hope it all works out well for you. Hang in there.

    May I be so bold as to suggest the 'bad road' needs re-laying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cruel life can be, to take away a favorite uncle and leave you with one who is good for nothing. I am so so sorry Andi. I wish there was something I could do.

    I agree with Os. I'm not sure what is keeping you from doing something about the asshat, but perhaps it is time? Believe me, I know how hard it is, even wanting to shut a relative out of your life, but if it is for the greater good....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey all,
    Thanks for the sweet messages. I can't tell him off or knock him over until all this is squared away (according to my mother). Then I'm free to do as I wish. The shutting out has already begun, but I can be a really vindictive bitch when someone messes with my family, so I can't wait to tell him what I really think of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Todd. And I hate that I missed wishing you a happy birthday!

    Os,
    It was sort of sudden. He'd been sick but wouldn't go to the doctor (stubborn just like the rest of us). It looked like he fell asleep in his recliner and never woke up.

    Dipper,
    "Shit for brains" is so so true and appropriate!

    Heather,
    The asshat shall be handled all in good time. The handling began last night with a firm e-mail from his son (that has also been screwed over in all this).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to feel so guilty about not liking some people in my family. Finally I realized there are just scummy folks in the world and you can't help it if you are related to them. LIke my dad's parents I haven't spoken to them in years and I don't care to. They are EXTREMELY racist (almost KKK-like). I can deal without them. I wish them no harm. But rather not see them ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there Andi :) I've got my paws crossed for you and your family :)

    purrs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sorry about your uncle, Andi. Also sorry that the other one is an ass. I have several relatives who are just being pure evil right now too, so I know what you mean. Wish you could just make people disappear sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. geez, every family has a stupid fuck who doesn't deserve to live don't they. sorry to hear about that hon. try and cool off for a bit (i know it's hard) and wait it out. hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!