Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Can't Sleep

Sleepless Crap

Yes, sleepless crap.

I got horizontal 1.5 hours ago (ish), and I've been tossing and turning until the point that I got ultra-pissed and decided to sit up. There's nothin' on TV, so I'm sitting up in my bed, snot monster in full effect--clogging up my left nostril--and thinking of the article I read on CNN.com today about a gorilla that cracked coconuts open with a rock in order to extract the contents. This was apparently a big breakthrough for a mere dumb-ass animal and the scientists all had thought-gasms over it. I hypothesize that the gorilla was cracking those coconuts open simply to see the scientists have their thought-gasms and secretly laughing to himself about how fucking easy it is to entertain stupid humans.

But maybe I'm just a cynic.

********************************************

Empire Records quote o'the day (because it's the best effin' movie EVERRRR):

"Attention Rex Manning fans! To your left you will notice a shoplifter being chased by our night manager Lucas. This young man will be caught, deep fried in a vat of hot oil and served to our first 100 customers! Just another tasty treat from the gang here at Empire Records!" -Gina

********************************************

Why in God's name is Garth Brooks dueting with Steve Wariner on the Grand Ole Opry??? That's slightly disturbing. I love Steve Wariner even though he hasn't had a hit in ages. And I used to like Garth Brooks before he got weird(er). Pretty duet. Odd. Very odd.

I need to buy one of those Steve Wariner Super Hits CD's for 4.99 at Wal-Mart.

*Note: That was a very random bit, just to illustrate how fucking tired I am and how pointless it is that I'm conscious right now.

11 comments:

  1. Hope you're asleep by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad to say I love it when you're sleepless? You have some of the most random and entertaining posts when you are.

    No really, I hope you got some sleep and that the snot monster lightened up a little bit. Please feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Empire Records. That movie is great. I think I am long over due in viewing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Os,
    I finally got to sleep around 1'ish. I think. I woke up several times thinking I'd overslept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Heather! I am a bit more fun when I'm sleepy. And pissed off. Pissed off helps.

    Snot monster is still in full effect. I'm canceling my night class and going home to my puppy dogs and snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opaco,
    I will watch it soon if it's the last thing I do. Research papers be damned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. I'm hilarious when I'm sleepy. You'd think I was drunk!

    And good for you! Go home, take a hot bath and curl up with a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So did you kick the Snot Monster out of bed, or are you two still an item??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather,
    I've already bathed and finished a book. So far, so good!

    Os,
    We're still an item. I cancelled my night class to stay home with the snot monster. I feel like crap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, you must've been tired for this post. How silly you are...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katarina-doll,
    I have quite the pronounced silly side. It's been under wraps lately, but I think it's ready to spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!