Friday, October 07, 2005

What a funky week....

What a Week!

Sorry I haven't been around more this week. I would've preferred blogging to two class presentations this week. The first one was in my Oral Tradition class. It's a very laid back group, so it was a fun experience. I was supposed to do it last week, but with my uncle's funeral and all, it was impossible to get the work done by Tuesday.

The other presentation was for my Research Methods class, and it was over the critical term, "Performance." I handed out lil pictures and descriptions (most of them humorous or off-color or just plain weird) and asked the members of the class to explain why that would be performance. Example: The professor ended up with a picture of Tim Curry in his barely-there leather and chains from The Rocky Horry Picture Show. It got everyone talking and I didn't have to do as much talking. Yay!

Gotta go to work, but I'll be back later to tell you all about the student that showed up to class smelling of marijuana Wednesday night.

8 comments:

  1. Gotta love the stoners in class!

    We're going to insist on dropping grad school if it continues to affect your HNT participation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insert your own "Oral Tradition" joke here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd, I was thinking the same thing.

    So, when are we going to hear this great news?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you!

    Your Oral Tradition class sounds so interesting. I've read a couple of fiction books this year that had characters who were...I guess...bards and I loved it.

    Can't wait to hear about the juana dude!

    Yeah, and when are we going to find out about the "mineral??"

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Os. This week was especially wild and wooly, but I hope it'll calm down for a couple of weeks now.

    Todd,
    I knew it was comin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katarina,
    Soon! I hope!

    Heather,
    I've missed you too! Marijuana story comin' right up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh oh oh i am SO excited about the pot story. drugs are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There ya go, darling. A pot story just for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!