Sunday, October 23, 2005

Whatever

The Usual Sunday Whatever



I'm godsmacked, people! Godsmacked I tell you. As in, God is smacking my ass with projects until it's red and pained. I've gotten a lot done today, which is the only reason I can sit here relatively guilt-free and type this shit to you all. I pretty much turned my bedroom upside down in a nesting/cleaning frenzy. I could no longer endure studying in squalor, so I cleaned out the top shelf of my bookcase to make room for the 30'ish library books I have checked out right now as well as some folders full of handouts (I hate handouts) from class. I proceeded to organize everything in my school bag, dust, trash a garbage bag worth of miscellaneous papers, and I vacuumed. It's nice and Febreezy-smellin' in here now.

Once the cleaning frenzy ceased, I was able to finish reading Descendants of Darkness for Tuesday night's class, do my online posting early, and dig into Bridget Jones's Diary (need a refresher before I write the paper).

Now I sit here slothful as ever post-shower with freshly straightened locks listening to Billy Butter Voice Currington. My new favorite CD.

A woman is a mystery
A man just can't understand
Sometimes all it takes to please her
Is a touch of your hand
Other times you gotta take it slow
And hold her all night long
Heaven knows there's so many ways
A man can go wrong

Must be doin' somethin' right
I just heard you sigh
Leaned into my kiss
And closed those deep blue need you eyes
Don't know what I did
To earn a love like this
But baby I must be doin' somethin' right...

It's hot, and it's on repeat.

Plans for the remainder of the evening:

Desperate Housewives
More Bridget Jones

9 comments:

  1. I suppose you'd lose all respect for me if I told you I wanted to lick your eyebrows, so I won't mention it...

    I've got no other real comments tonight, other than it's a good thing you love to read! Hope the papers go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dandilion, you look beautiful - your eyes. Plus, what you type is not shit. I think we all just love to hear you talk about anything. You're so approachable.

    Heart you long time,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Os,
    I've heard a lot of things, but I think it's the first time anyone has wanted to lick my eyebrows...that I know of anyway.

    Thank ya kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denaroo,
    You keep my ego inflated. You're my inspiration! I wanna be like you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning is definately a good thing! I ditched a number of things this week so I could get the condo cleaned since I'd been putting it off for something like 3 or 4 weeks. (that wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have people over once a week)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoooo.... take a breather girl. School is marvelous but draining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you must feel great that you got all of that done! I love working my ass off then getting all showered up and clean and relaxing! It's the best...now I'll send you a virtual martini to top it all off knowing that you probably have too much work to do to actually have a real one!

    By the way - your eyes are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never read more than one book at a time. I get the stories mixed up. I know that makes me sound like a simpleton, but so be it.

    Desperate Housewives. It was soooo good last night. I live for that damn show. It's the only thing I watch. Faithfully, anyway.
    I can't believe Paul's back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this post is on repeat ;)

    write a new one please. :)

    2 books for me is pushing it you are a god to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!