Saturday, November 12, 2005

Birthday Recap

The Birthday Recap

It was a happenin' birthday, my lovelies. I took off from my work toil and got up at the ass-crack of dawn to go buy the sexy desk and chair for my bedroom. I must say, they are sexayyyyy. I have pictures, and as soon as I find Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop to put on this laptop (they're swimming aimlessly somewhere in the mess that is my bedroom) I'll post a picture for you all to love as much as I love it.

Mom "surprised" me with my annual birthday cake. This year's flavor: vanilla with whipped frosting and a bavarian cream filling. Yummmmmy. The day was more or less filled with lounging (after the assembly of the furniture) until I had to go to my research methods class. I did find out that we're DEFINITELY IN for the Southwest Pop Culture conference in Albuquerque. Yay (and a pre-conference tummy grumble of nervousness)!

D. came up here and was at the house when I got home from school. He gave me a GORGEOUS pair of James Avery earrings (pics to come). James Avery is my very favorite jewelry EVER, and he picked out the best earrings on the planet.

We ate tater-tot casserole as per my request to Mom (ghetto fabulous, no?) and cake and talked until I couldn't keep my eyes open. It was a muy fabulous day.

Thanks to:
Elise and Pamela for the beefcake cards!
Amanda A. for the coolest Harry Potter pop-up card I've ever laid eyes on!
Heather, Kalani, Amanda A., et al, for the bloggy birthday wishes.

I'll be starting my quarter-life crisis now.

On TV: Trading Spaces
Reading: Articles for my annotated bib.
In my head: Sleepiness. Stayed up way too late last night.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time, kid. Do you have the tater-tot casserole recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever had pork rind casserole? That's good eatin'. Speaking of good eatin', give ol' Willie Jeff a call sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! =/ Glad it was a good one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do, Todd! I'll e-mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willie Jeff Clinton! My favorite ex president. I'll give the pork rinds a try because there's nothin' like fried animal flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a heavenly birthday. Glad you had such a nice one, you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want pictures of the earrings! it's so great when guys can pick out good gifts on their own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!