Saturday, November 19, 2005

Book-gasm

Book-gasm

Since my life has revolved around required reading since late August, I've refrained from buying more books. I currently have one whole book case reserved for the unread. I feel guilty adding to it when I know I'll only have a month off during which I'll likely just sit around in a sleepy stupor or play SIMS2.

HOWEVER, today I gave in to the sickness. I book shopped, darlings. In truth, most of them are for next semester's Contemporary American Lit (otherwise known as ass-whip 521) class, but I did pick up three fun ones for me. All in all, I bought 9 books for $40 which is a MOST excellent buy. I still have 5 more to grab for the American Lit class, and I'll snag those from half.com or Amazon used.

Here's the list o'booty:

For school:
Sister Carrie (Theodore Dreiser)
Winesburg, Ohio (Sherwood Anderson)
Native Son (Richard Wright)
In Our Time (Hemingway)
Absalom, Absolom (Faulkner)
Three Lives (Gertrude Stein)

For fun and a possible Masters thesis (fun and MA thesis CAN go together):
Wonder Woman: Down to Earth graphic novel
Catwoman: The Life and Times of a Feline Fatale (so excited about this graphic history of Catwoman)
The Sandman Companion...even though I haven't started the series yet.

I'm in heaven.

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!