Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Ass is Dragging

Halloween Merriment and General Angst

2.5 pages of my prospectus is DONE, along with 1.5 pages of the Works Cited/Consulted page. And my fucking hell, I'm getting a new laptop this weekend if it kills me. It would be SO nice to see the entire screen as I'm typing my 25 page paper, 6 page prospectus, long-ass annotated bibliography, long-ass bibliographic essay. You get the picture.

But enough about my sad life as a graduate student.

The fun stuff: I was apparently ultra-hot in my red eyeshadow (also known as lipliner) at the Edgar Allen Poe'try reading because my friend and colleague...we'll call her Bet...said I was really hot and if I'd worn my corset (yes, I punked out) she might've taken advantage of me right there on the pumpkin tarts. Yay me.

I've never heard quite so much bad poetry in my life. Don't get me wrong....there was a good deal of really good poetry, too, but there was a fair amount of poetry that made me think that nipple twisting and a hot poker up my ass might've been more pleasant. Just a guess. Pretty sure.

I won't comment on the specifics of the bad poetry because I don't want to offend anyone. Several of my drinkin' buddies/colleagues/fellow graduate students now have this address, so I have to be...possibly...a little nicer than usual. They'd agree with me on all the shit I talk, but you never know when the address might fall into the hands of the dark side.

*making the sign of the cross*

Pics coming...probably tomorrow. I would do it now, but I have dial-up and it would take an hour to download the big effers.

In the meantime, here's another of my drawings.




If you can't read it, it says, "The Writing Process: Jeremy Brainstorming." He really looks like that when he brainstorms, too.

On TV: Probably something, but I have it turned off.
Music: Meh.
Reading: Scholarly journals.
In my head: Snot residue and sleep.

5 comments:

  1. I love bad poetry. All good poetry is good for the same reasons but all bad poems are bad in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite sure the laptop will do wonders. You'll be able to cross all your Ts and dot your Is!

    I agree with Todd. While good poetry can make your soul sing, bad has that crazy allure like the worst of the auditions on American Idol. It's like watching a train wreck, but funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd,
    Bad poetry is great. I could go on and on about some of the badness...but I won't.

    Heather,
    I'm so excited about crossing my t's!!!! And amen to poetry as trainwreck. It makes me fly (thinly veiled Friends reference).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a really hard time sitting through bad poetry, singing, speeches etc...i always start to giggle and it's strictly downhill from there. i don't know what possesses people to share their poems. any good/bad beat poems? i especially hate those.

    ...such a cute costme btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ago-go,
    We did MUCH giggling and had to excuse ourselves from view so as not to have mean faces made at us for the giggling. Such a snowball effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!