Tuesday, December 20, 2005

All is well....

Yep, as I've said before, happiness makes for a really boring blog. *raises ridiculously happy hand in the air*

I've almost finished my Christmas shopping, and the downside of that is that I've bought quite a few things for myself. Must stop spending money like I have a lot of it.

Went to see "Walk the Line" today and loved it. Reese Witherspoon's performance was amazing, as was Joaquin Phoenix's. His voice is eerily like Johnny Cash. It brought back a flood of memories of my grandpa. He was a big Johnny Cash fan...along with a bunch of other classic country artists. I'm now the proud owner of a rather extensive 2-disc Johnny Cash collection. I had a song downloaded here and there, and some of my grandpa's old tapes, but now I've got my own.

For all those blogs I read that use Haloscan, if you haven't seen me comment in a few days it's because Haloscan is being a bitch and won't let me leave any messages. No idea what the problem is (this message is for you Kalani, Addict, Os, Dipper, and a bunch of others).

Watching: Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me
Listening to: "Ring of Fire" (Cash)
Reading: The Bloody Chamber (Angela Carter)
In my head: Swim ear in December. No fuckin' clue why.

9 comments:

  1. Well, I don't have haloscan, so I'll just be over here all insulted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bitch eh? but your bitch right?

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to Walking the Line. I'm a big Joaquin fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Angela Carter!!!! The Bloody Chamber is awesome. Gothic and strange. Her work is so fantastical...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved walk the line! of course, i'm who i am, so it was sort of forseeable, but i really enjoyed it. i c an't believe he learned to sing and play the guitar just for the movie! i love joaquin phoenix, even though his name is stupid hard to type...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Todd,
    Don't be a pussy. I only got halfway through the roll before I fell asleep. *smooches*

    Johnny,
    You know it.

    Fence,
    I think you'll like it! I wanted to sop Joaquin up with a biscuit.

    Amanda,
    I just finished the first story, and I'm in LOVE! Fabulous creepy gothic delicious!

    CJ,
    I can't believe he learned either! And I have to say, Reese Witherspoon's voice is a bit better than June Carter's! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know what to tell ya. Everyone else has been coming through just fine.... Did you piss someone off or something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the film, Andi! At first, I thought hearing someone else sing his songs would be distracting but they were both great in it. I may buy the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Os,
    Could be!

    Suzz,
    I thought the same thing. I reallyyy want the soundtrack, and I'll have it on DVD as soon as it comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!