Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Freak out!!! (to the tune of that song)

IT'S SNOWING AND SLEETING IN TEXAS!!!! Yay! I'm a happy girl, and I'm prayin' like a mofo that school is cancelled tomorrow and I don't have to present my paper in bib (think Jehovah endorses prayers like that?). The paper is finished, I'm suprisingly happy with it, but I still don't like presenting...so THERE! Oh, and I'm presenting my oral trad paper at the graduate school scholarly club meeting thingy Friday night. *half-hearted yay*

I'm feeling the end-of-semester excitement creeeepin' on up. I'm titilated by the idea of Christmas shopping, laying around in my pajamas, hangin' out with D more, buying The 40-Year-Old Virgin on DVD, READING WHATEVER I WANT, and doing some work. Work? (look around) Workawhat?

Yes, I'm going to do some work over the holidays. MELUS (Multi-Ethnic Literature of the United States) has a special issue coming out on multi-ethnic concerns in graphic narrative, and I'm going to try to work up a paper for it. I don't know that I'll have time, but I'm gonna try. And there's an award for the best paper dealing with folklore at the conference I'll be attending in February, so if I wanna submit my long paper for that I have to get it polished and buffed before January 26th. I'm addicted to this scholarly thing, bitches. I admit it.

Other to-do's for the holidays:
1) Get off my ass and 2) stop eating so much takeout.

TV: The Fellowship of the Ring
Music: Majorette..."Girl Like Me"
Reading: Whatever the fuck I want...after this weekend.
In my head: Cotton mouth and sugar plum fairies (somehow I know in my heart that they're purple).

10 comments:

  1. Yea!! For snow/sleet in Big D.

    From a fellow big D-ish(er).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what happens there when it snows/sleats? we are semi used to it and people around here freak out so I'm just wondering if it's just total mayhem there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy,
    Yayyy! A fellow Dallas'ish-ite! We actually haven't seen much action NE of Dallas, damnit. I'm praying harrrrrd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funkster,
    It is mayhem when it precipitates. I think, given our drought this year, if it so much as rained it'd be bedlam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did we finally get that full body shot of you that we've been waiting so long for??

    Enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous! I WANT SNOW!!! We're supposed to get the frozen junk tonight and tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath though :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Os,
    Would I ever do my hair like that?? Nooo no no. Not my full-body shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather,
    I'm SUPREMELY pissed! We didn't get ANYTHING white overnight. We were too far north of all the good ice/snow. We did get some freezing rain, but that's no fun. School's delayed til noon, but it looks like I'll still be presenting tonight. Uggggggggggggg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andi,

    I'm pissed too! All we got was a little bit of rain! The schools were delay, but for no reason, and I had to go to work! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather,
    When I taught in NC we always had school cancelled and there was like...nothing...on the ground. But I never complained too much since it meant a day off for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!