Friday, December 02, 2005

I'm not dead...and I don't suck....

To answer Os's last comment, "No, I did not throw up."

My presentation Tuesday night went swimmingly. I didn't even get terribly nervous, which is a first in my 25 years. I used to be a gawd-awful public speaker, but it's amazing how teaching helps curb that fear.

Talked to the prof Wednesday morning about the presentation and she thought it was great...AND...HIGHLY PUBLISHABLE! Woot, woot! That excites me to no end. And blows me out of the water. I thought I sucked. Who knew (no comments on the sucking or blowing, Os and Todd).

I have another big-ass (in the 20ish page range) paper to start this weekend. I have to have a 7-8 page conference version of it to present next week. I think. There will be two weeks of presentations, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be assigned the first week. We shall see.

And the template is dead for now. It might come back. I haven't decided. Or maybe I'll beg Heather to make me one because she's the shizzle when it comes to templates.

13 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I'm SO glad the presentation went well! I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear how it went! I bet it felt so good to see it done and see it done well. High praise to you!

    And you know I'll make you anything you want! I'll even track down that pic with the apple and create you a header with that, but personalized for you, if you want. Just lemme know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you!

    I wasn't even going to make a "suck" comment. Well, maybe I was... Good pre-emptive move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the highly publishable business, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heatheroo,

    I was VERYYY relieved to have it done and that it went well. I've become an anal retentive perfectionist as of late.

    YOU'RE A DOLL! I still have the header pic saved to my puter, so I'll send it to you with a list of possible wants/needs sometime. You're such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Os. One can never be too careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's okay, I found it on the site it came from. I'll work on it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. But yeah, send on the list of wants/needs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when you pre-empt my perversion. No, actually, it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, AMS! I want an accent and cool sayings like "fair play there missus!"

    Todd,
    Glad to make you smile. I'll pre-emt you more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Congrats. I knew that you would do a great job. Don't worry about the template, you know it's the content that counts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!