Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"A" is for Andi

I'm working on a paper, and I'm not happy about it. I'm even less happy that I waited til the last minute to do this shit. I had a week. A WEEK, and I procrastinated. I'm at 9 pages and I need 15 by tomorrow afternoon at 4:30. What did I do yesterday instead of writing??? Watched The 40-Year-Old Virgin on my laptop before class. It could be MUCH worse. I'll have it done. I just don't wanna! I'm ready for it to be Friday and have my happy ass on the road to Waco. Or Saturday night for the end-of-semester blowout. Better yet, 4 years from now with a PhD and a list of publications to my credit. Yes, yes. That is the goal. Jesus, that just makes me tired.

Tomorrow is the "deadline" by which my shitty uncle wanted his money. He won't have it. Let's hope he doesn't blow the house up...and I'm only half kidding when I say that.

I just wanna sit here and wallow in The Grey Album.

Oh, and I got an "A" in Oral Trad. That's where the title of the post came from, and I almost forgot.

On TV: Nothing
Music: The Beatles/Jay-Z....The Grey Album...mixed with love by DJ Danger Mouse.
Reading: Anything other than what I should be. On the list: Utne, Bust, Pages and a bunch of books.
In my head: Growing pains.

2 comments:

  1. Yay A! I'm so proud of you, not that I doubted you for a mo.

    And good luck getting your paper done. When in college, I found I did my best writing at the last moment. Adrenaline makes for the best bull shit I ever wrote ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in HELL. I'm thinking of putting it in Arial font just to cut the work down by a page or so. *sigh*

    Yay for bullshit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!