Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Grind in full swing....

My first day back in the game went reasonably well. I woke up sick as a damn sick person this morning. Was just short of throwing up my toenails (for real this time), but I managed not to. Colloquium is Colloquium, there are three new graduate assistants, and I'm already nervous about Modern American Lit. Picture Books, on the other hand, looks really promising. I'll probably be able to do some more work on my graphic novel/fairy tale stuff that I'm thinking of turning into my thesis. That could be velly velly good for me. Or maybe I'll do something completely different...at least I have options.

Other randomness:

I've officially lost the 10 pounds I gained last semester. My jeans feel like heaven, and I'm once again very close to wearing my "skinny jeans." You Sex & the City fans know what I'm talkin' about.

I just finished reading Brokeback Mountain and I'm terribly depressed that I will likely never write anything remotely as good as that story. Gay cowboys. Why didn't I think of it?

I'm going to bed. Must read stuff for Modern American tomorrow. ASS. WHIP. But I say that with love. Let there be no mistake.

Listening to: "Trip Around the Sun"...Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride
Reading: Some more Annie Proulx stuff.
In my head: Disorganized chaos.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on losing the weight! That is awesome and such a great feeling! I think all women, or at least the normal ones, know about the skinny jeans! Good Job Andi, and good luck with the thesis ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ability to infect blogdom amazes me! Sorry to hear you're sick....

    Good luck with the skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're talented, Os. Talented I say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!