Sunday, January 08, 2006

The most worthless weekend in history....

I did nothing this weekend. The most nothing I've done in a while.

Yesterday Mom and I got an early'ish start...went to the library, drugstore, hardware store (nothing like flannel-wearing yokels at 9am). We grabbed an orgasmically delicious lunch at Red Lobster. I drowned myself in grilled shrimp, and I could be morphing into a piece of broccoli at any moment now. Last night Elise and Brandy invited me out for sushi (not so low carb), and it was multiple-orgasmically delicious. I was a sushi virgin, but no more! It was all delicious, but I was especially fond of anything with crawfish in it. Yay mudbugs!

Today I have no idea what I did. I made chicken salad. I played SIMS 2. I read 3.5 pages of Understanding Comics, and I doted over Scooby since he's going for an at-least-4-days vet stay tomorrow.

I had something mildly interesting I was going to mention in this post, but, alas I have no idea what it was.

My nose hurts. (Nope, that wasn't the interesting thing).

Tomorrow: lunch with a professor to discuss a paper.

On TV: Legally Blonde
Listening to: John Mayer Trio..."Who Did You Think I Was"
Reading: Understanding Comics (Scott McCloud)
In my head: titanium

10 comments:

  1. SUSHI??? Where on earth did you get sushi??? Did you go into Dallas for it or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockwall actually. There's a really great place called Kyoto on the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes those types of weekends are worthwhile, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one to piss away the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im right there with yall, nothing of note from the weekend to report.

    I did hit a few thrift stores and got some lovely reading material, yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shy, those weekends are worthwhile, but I have SOOO much I could've been doing. Instead I'll be doing it all this week. yay.

    Os, I was right there pissin' with ya.

    Steph, don't tease me so. What did you get to read?? I need titles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I snagged "Good in Bed" by Jennifer Weiner, "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bon's" by Lorna Landvik and two others that I cannot remember at this time.

    I have been in the mood for fluff after reading Ahab's Wife recently....


    I started Good In Bed last night and am finding it a little annoying thus far. The author is funny, but the attitude she has assigned the main character is disappointing at best. I will let you know my thoughts later... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you were a sushi virgin? I am shocked and SO glad that you liked it! I am so jealous of your 'worthless' weekend. I need more of those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steph,
    I'll be really interested to hear what you have to say about Good in Bed. I found it interesting enough to write a paper about it (basically a comparison to Bridget Jones...I found Bridge more annoying than Cannie). Haven't read any Landvik, but I've heard good things. And Ahab's Wife is huuuge! I salute you. My attention span crapped out on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funky,
    I've officially moved from sushi virgin to sushi addict. SO FREAKIN' GOOD. But not often. Rice is bad. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!