Monday, January 16, 2006

Niblets

Scooby is back at the vet's office for the week. Mom took him in to have his sugar checked and it had gone back up, so they're gettin' him started on insulin shots. Many frowns here, but I just want him to feel better.

Things I'm obsessing about:
  • Writing
  • Annie Proulx ("Brokeback Mountain" writer..the short story)
  • Walk the Line - 1. all the Golden Globes it won tonight (yay!) and 2. the recordings of Reese and Joaquin singing the songs from the movie. I downloaded several, and I've been listening to "It Ain't Me Babe" for over an hour.
  • Josh Lucas. Gotta go see Glory Road.
  • Creative writing ideas that, as of tomorrow, I will have no time to flesh out. Fuck.
Watching: Subway commercial
Listening to: "It Ain't Me Babe"...but I'm about to switch to Miranda Lambert (Kerosene) or maybe I'll listen to a Johnny Cash CD. I'm in the mood for John and Bob Dylan singing "Girl From the North Country."
In my head: Too much. I may spring a leak.

2 comments:

  1. Oh pooooor Scooby! I know you must be worried.

    I want to see Walk the Line. I'll probably have to wait for the DVD though.

    I have a few writing ideas myself. Maybe now that my life is (hopefully) calming down, I can get back to my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am worried! And I had a weeping mother on my hands all day yesterday. She loves her some pups.

    It's SOOO GOOD. I'll buy it. That's how good it is.

    And I'd love to read more of your book when you get back to it. It's soooo yummy so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!