Sunday, January 22, 2006

Tater Tot Casserole

Here's the long-awaited Tater Tot Casserole recipe. Enjoy it my lovelies.

1 bag frozen tater tots
1 pound ground beef (or turkey if you prefer)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 an onion chopped
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (1 cup in the mixture, 1/2 cup on top)
1 cup of sour cream

Preheat oven to 350. Brown ground beef (and I saute the onion with it). Mix all ingredients and throw 'em in a casserole dish. Put a layer of tater tots across the top of the casserole. Bake until tots are done, about 40-45 mins. Remove from oven and top with cheese (it says 1/2 a cup, but I throw a butt-load on there cuz I love me some cheese). Let sit so cheese melts, or put back in the oven a few mins. Serve hot.
If you don't like celery or mushrooms, cook it anyway. You can't taste either one. I know this for certain because I tried it out on David and he doesn't like mushrooms.

10 comments:

  1. If you're lying about the mushrooms, I may never talk to you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love tater tots.

    cook them for me.

    naked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, Funkmeister!

    Os, not lying, I swear. I hate celery soup, and I still love this stuff, so there ya go.

    Johnny, can you imagine the danger of popping grease while cooking tater tots naked? No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, Todd will be ecstatic. I may have to try this one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gooood, Heather. Having it for dinner tonight as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the recipe because I am a tatertotatarian, so this works out great for me.
    Other news items-Andi, I broke down and bought the Shakespeare bag to go with my Shakespeare bookmarker, that marks the place in my Shakespeare books for my Shakespeare class.
    You know how I said I always wanted to be a hippy back in the day? Well, I have decided since you have gone funky with your hair, which btw is cute online, can't wait to see in person, I have decided that in order for me to take over the world through literature, particularly mythology, I am going to go with a quasi-older-hippy-gypsy-witch motif; you will see the results throughout this semester haha.
    See ya Monday-the otherfeminist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fem, you crack me up endlessly. I'm thinking of buying a Virginia Woolf poster to go with my women writer's bag and my Woolf bookmark even though I'm not taking any classes involving Woolf this semester.

    Can't wait to see the quasi-older-hippy-gypsy-witch motif!!!! Next step in my transformation: massive shopping trip for more funky and self-proclaimed "badassness."

    See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Todd is ecstatic because of the delicious morsel. But enough about Andi; the tater tot casserole sounds good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh! 3 brownie points for flattery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!