Friday, February 03, 2006

Heavy on the retail, light on the therapy....

It's raining in DFW which means that we're all fucked because, after a drought this long, people don't remember how to navigate amidst precipitation. In turn, that means I'm fucked because I'm going to Mesquite to look for snazzy new clothes for my conference. Want items:

Sweaters (v-necks preferably)
Trousers (straight leg and maybe a pencil skirt too)
Some kick-ass boots
Jewelry
Possibly a scarf

So the scarf is more fitting to NM weather than TX, but I want a pretty one anyway because it's gonna be coool out there.

I feel like I could throw up (and almost did earlier), but I'm gonna brave the elements and find me some purty clothes anyway. Why? Because I leave Tuesday.

Aside: there's a crazy bizzle on the Today show who actually devised a "stiletto" workout program. Women are exercising in fucking heels now?? I want to see a man in the fucking stiletto class.

8 comments:

  1. I saw some segment about the exercise in your stilleto heels business. Further proof of the coming apocalypse. Are these women nuts? Ok now that I think about it .. that was a rhetorical question .. lol

    Good luck at your conference! I would lurv to be in NM period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice template. I'm hoping to do some clothes shopping here soon too. I want to change my style. Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh I could use retail therapy myself! Have fun and don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzz, Isn't that the truth? CRAZY people!

    Thanks! I'll need the luck. I'm gonna be gone for 5 days so I'm sure I'll be itching to get home and blog before it's all said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here, Hero. I wanna look like the peeps on What Not to Wear (not before...the after). Good start as of today.

    Heatheroo,
    It was a "nothing-fits-what-am-I-doing-to-myself" day. Blah. But I managed to find some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so bad for the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous you're going to NM. Let me know how it is so I can sit here and live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greep,
    SOOO bad. I say we all revolt.

    Cincy,
    Will do! I can't wait to see it. I've wanted to go to NM for a long while. Now if I didn't have to work on the trip it'd be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!