Sunday, February 12, 2006

The walking tour.....

I'm home and in one piece...even though I feel like hammered shit today. Here are some lame pictures for your viewing pleasure. I'm an admittedly bad picture taker.



The view from our hotel balcony. Mountains...in the distance. I wish I'd gotten some closer mountain pics, but it was not to be.



The Hotel Blue in downtown Albuquerque. It had a really cool deco thing going on. Swanky-panky indeed. And cheap. Yay for cheap!



The lobby. They had cookies every day. What couldbe better than that?



Charming downtown Albuquerque. Unlike Dallas, the city of the undead downtown, Albuquerque had a lot of fun-lookin' clubs, restaurants that stayed open past 5:00pm, and other little shops and nooks. I hit up the used bookstore, and I'm sure none of you are surprised.



The Newkirk, NM post office/gas station. Our gas light was on, and we just happened upon this most picture-worthy locale. There was a chicken running around outside. A CHICKEN! Free range I'm sure.



A mesa. I fuckin' love mesas. I want one in my backyard now. I will have one.

Stories to come.

8 comments:

  1. God Andi, I love you!! Thanks for the pics! I sooooo miss the Southwest. I'm glad you had a decent time in ABQ. It's a pretty liberal city for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cincy! I LOVED New Mexico. It was gorgeous and I could totally live there. Wide open spaces are my bag. And I love me a liberal city, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andi,
    Found you via Addict. I'm North of you a bit...up in Wichita Falls. Not by choice mind ya, but if you visit my Psycho Circus, you'll know what brought me here. Stop by if ya get a chance and say hello.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul,
    Thanks for stopping by. I just passed through Wichita Falls on the way home yesterday, actually. Will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures.

    I love the post office/ gas station. That's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat,
    I almost lost my manners when I saw it, I was so excited. "Lost my manners" is apparently code for "farted". Never heard it when I was younger, but learned it on this trip. Educational indeedio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna mesa in my backyard too.

    *sigh* I love New Mexico.

    Chartreuse with envy, Andi!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it too! I wanna go to Taos and Santa Fe next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!