Monday, March 13, 2006

I like meme's and if you don't, look away...

Semi-tagged by Amanda and Heather...
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 4.
"Now he remembered that the main entrance gate was on a side road that branched off well before the Banner place." Close Range (Annie Proulx)


2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, what do you find?
Wall and red curtain with goldenrod Japanese symbols all over.


3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
"Everybody Loves Raymond" was on mute. It made me want to cut my tongue out with a sharp stone.


4. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Rascal Flatts ("Feels Like Today" album) and my fish tank gurgling.


5. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I went to run some errands in C-merce and G'vegas. Went to lunch with Rachel, and then I drove around aimlessly in the beautiful weather with my sunroof open.


6. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Amanda’s blog, The Blog Jar, and Heather's Blog, A High & Hidden Place.


7. What are you wearing?
My favorite sleepwear, Snoopy t-shirt.


8. Did you dream last night?
Yes, but I have no idea what it was about.


9. When did you last laugh?
About 15 mins ago when I finished my curriculum vitae and laughed a bitter laugh at my lack of accomplishment.


10. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Texture. I keep thinking I'll hang pics and I never do.


11. Seen anything weird lately?
A man/woman wearing a lobster bib at the Clay Pit last weekend. I'd forgotten about it until now, but it was pretty fuckin' weird.


12. What do you think of this quiz?
Lovely. Because I love me.


13. What is the last film you saw?
Jarhead..and are we surprised?


14. If you turned a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A man-whore. Just kidding Mom (almost).


15. Tell me something about you that I don’t know.
I secretly love Totino's frozen pizzas.


16. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do?
I'd string Dubya and his cronies up by their man-twats.


17. Do you like to Dance?
Yes, and I'm half-African American so I have good rhythm. Actually, my mama raised me on Aretha. Same difference.


18. George Bush.
Worthless piece of owl shit.


19. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Grace Eris. Eris is a weird middle name that runs in my family. It was my grandfather's middle name, and it's my mom's middle name, and if it's goin' any further, it'll have to be because of my kid(s).


20. Imagine your first child is a boy, what would you call him?
I suck at boy names. Because I'm adopting a girl, thankyouverymuch.


21. Would you ever consider living abroad?
In 1/3 of a heartbeat I would say YES!


22. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
I have a good sense of humor, so I didn't really mind all those blasphemous comments...*cough*.


23. 4 people who must also do this meme in their journal.
Whoever feels the urge. Although I strongly push the urge vibes at Elise and Jeremy.

14 comments:

  1. I told you that CV would give you that warm and worthless feeling, right?

    Good line on TGLJC. Perhaps a throat lozenge might cheer him up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I managed to pull a lot of things out of my ass that sound half decent, so my CV is 2 solid pages and some change. But still no publications. That's what'll really take the proverbial ball pain away.

    I have some sugarless Halls right here for the big JC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't I remember seeing the lobster bib at the Clay Pit? I think it's because you didn't point it out to me. That would've been really funny. Way to make me miss out on some laughter.

    I just sent you my book review for the 'zine by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up with all the sudden urge to compile a CV that everyone seems to have today? Personally, I'd like to put off the feeling of complete and utter failure until tomorrow. Maybe never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send it to me. At best, I can generate some more ideas to make mine a little better. At worst, I'll hang myself in the pantry upon realizing the magnitude of failure which currently masquerades as my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Lil E. It was sitting behind me and VERY close, so it was difficult to point it out, and by the time we left I had my mind on chakra alignment. Many apologies. I'll buy you some mango lemonade to make up for it.

    And I think I would've rather put off the feeling like a loser until tomorrow, but I figured after the proverbial nut crunch of writing those abstracts, I might as well get it done today and start fresh tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. by the way, I was on the WC website, and there is a slideshow or something that really needs to go.
    How's all that coming?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going well, almost done with it, and I'm glad you hate that slide show because I do too. I'm thinking we replace it with some snapshots instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or some pics from CG's when were all getting sideways

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know... there are easier ways to carry on a conversation. Like... ones that don't require word verification, dammit!!! At least mine (viomk) is easy. I can actually read it. Oh, and man-twats. My newest most favoritist expression. Bless you. And I might do the meme thingy. Maybe. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did it. I may post it tonight/tomorrow. Yours is betterer. Yes, that's better with two er-er. It means really better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You father's middle name is Eris? hum, very interesting. Did you know that Eris is the Greek Goddess of strife? Does this mean anything to you?

    Ok, last night the moon was fabulously beautiful and so I got the "bowl" out and sat under the moon and sent you some cool chakra waves, so all should be well now. You should have seen Hallow's Eve, I think he was a little freaked by the whole thing. He kept climbing in my lap, meowing, and looking at the bowl. I have tried to translate his utterings and came up with "Hey amateur, you don't know what kind of powers you are messin' with" or "cut out all the racket."
    Yes, I too missed the man with the lobster bib at the Indian restaurant-what does it all mean Andi?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeremy,
    Fantastic idea!

    Sam, we're all insomniac nerds, so word verification doesn't frighten us a bit! Feel free to use man-twats whenever you want. Just cuz it's you. Post yours, post yours! Can't wait. I'm sure it's hilawwwrious.

    Fem, I wrote that wrong. It's my grandfather's first name, my mom's middle name, and actually my cousin's middle name, too. The strife part means nothing to me. Maybe it's an unconscious commentary on our collective character. Fun times with the bowl! I knew my chakras felt slimmer today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!