Friday, March 24, 2006

The Invisible Woman

Yep, that's me. I'll be in short supply this weekend because I'm going into self-imposed exile. I have SO MUCH TO DO. Here's how my to-do list is shaping up:

1) Research for a paper proposal. I think I'm writing on Zora Neale Hurston, and that's as far as I've gotten. NOT GOOD! I usually have my paper topics well-nailed by this time in the semester but this one is being elusive. I also have an annotated bib due in the same class coming up, so I might as well get a jump on the reading.

2) A textbook analysis. Shoot me.

3) Finish the WC website before Jeremy gets himself killed (for bugging me...oh yes).

4) Read through some submissions for the 'zine.

5) Read The Professor's House (Cather). I would say "finish" The Professor's House, but when only on page 15 or so, it might as well just be "read it."

Ugg. Why can't I just lay around and have sex dreams about Dr. Drew (posted below) and read The Human Stain or The Amber Spyglass?

Listening: Ani DiFranco

7 comments:

  1. A-train, I know you love me, yet I still get a hint of bitterness whenever you mention me. It takes me back to when I was single and dating.
    Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too busy, Andi!

    Weird about Zora Neale Hurston. I just picked up a copy of her autobiography at a library book sale .. Dust Tracks On A Road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, not whenever I mention you, just when I mention you and the website in the same sentence. Besides that, all love.

    Suzz, I picked that up today, Suzz! I figured it might be good to have on hand while I'm researching her folklore stuff in Mules and Men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think I'll also be sequestering myself from the rest of the world in order to get things for school done.

    Why are we in grad school again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because we secretly love this shit. I just watched Proof to remind myself of that. Watch it when you get to take a break. It's soooo much greater than my undying lust for Jake G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NonGF, you have wooonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!