Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Something substantial...?

I haven't really posted anything substantial lately. My drinking stories, my conference fun, my recipes, and funny pics, but there hasn't really been much about me. There's quite a bit swirling in my head, but articulating it is difficult and some of it isn't fit for blogdom.

Little things making me happy lately are plentiful. I went out and bought Walk the Line today and watched it tonight while I should've been reading for a book review that's due next week. I'd rather watch Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon and listen to Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash anyday. I'm still completely in love with the movie, and listening to Johnny Cash still makes me cry. Favorite Johnny songs: "It Ain't Me Babe"....close second: Girl from the North Country...live with Bob Dylan.

Go away from my window
Leave at your own chosen speed
I'm not the one you want babe
I'm not the one you need.

You say you're looking for someone
Who's never week but always strong
To protect you and defend you
Whether you are right or wrong.

Someone to open each and every door
But it ain't me babe
No no no it ain't me babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for babe.

The fourth Harry Potter movie comes out on DVD next week, so y'all know I'll be all over that. Other little things: an Indian food outing this weekend, Donnie Darko pre-Junto on Friday, my freakin' crazy friends.

I haven't mentioned it officially here, but I'm starting a webzine entitled Estella's Revenge. You can see the temporary template at http://www.estellasrevenge.com

We'll have a real page rolling soon, and I hope to get the first round of content up in a few weeks. I have a crazy-ass talented bunch of people who are planning to write. SO excited.

But I'm goin to bed now. I'm forcing myself. I'm going to bed with Gavin Degraw and I hope he'll lull me into dreamland. The chances are slim to none, but at least I'll enjoy the awake-time.

I haven't been sleeping much, and it's my own fault. I 'm exhausted every night but I always have something I'd rather do than sleep. Watch a movie, read a book, listen to a CD, blog, give myself a pedicure, deep-condition my hair, achieve world peace, adopt an Indonesian orphan.

On TV: That naked chef guy.
Music: Walk the Line soundtrack
Reading: a book on American Modernism
In my head: Flatline.

6 comments:

  1. I still havent seen Walk the Line, but the hubby and I are so curious about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sooo wonderful. If Reese Witherspoon doesn't win best actress I'm going to riot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your webzine! I feel you on the blogging thing, not being fit for blogdom.

    If you ever need an askance point of view from a short island guy for your webzine please let me know. I know just the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll be emailing you shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you should bring Walk the Line tomorrow too. We'll just spend the afternoon watching movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a plan to me! What time should I make an appearance?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!