Sunday, March 05, 2006

Stupid Girl

I am the stupid girl.

I promised myself I was going to bed at a decent hour. Here it is at 2:28am and I'm still awake. Why? Well, it's actually a combination of work and fun, so I shouldn't feel like a complete jerk.

I got about 2/3's of the book read for my book review that's coming due this week. Now I just have to finish the last 1/3 and write a 5-8 page review. Awesome! *eyes roll back in head*

I also knocked off big chunks of Disturbing the Universe and Curious Incident, which I'll be teaching in a few weeks. They really need to be DONE this week so I can discuss the content with the prof whose class I'm teaching.

Oh, and a novel for 521. Right. Short, but still another book to read.

And I got a draft of a feature for the zine done. As well as some work on the website and some of the peripheral pages (one for links, one for icons for other people to link to us).

Didn't get to the short story today. Maybe tomorrow night when I'm not sleeping. I'll just be mainlining Excedrin until Spring Break.

One more week to frrrreeeedom!

Tomorrow: A trip to the Clay Pit with Elise, TheOtherFeminist, some of Fem's numbered children, and I'll be thinking of Eil. Then I'll be coming home to do work and then going to a reception. I'm focusing on the food, though. Visualize the hot, steamy naan. Let's check out the menu, shall we:

Salad
Green Salad
Fruit Salad
Pasta Salad
Soup
Mulligatawny Soup
Cream of Garlic Soup
Appetizers
Tawa Vegetables
Chicken Pakoras
Vegetarian Entrees
Saag Paneer
Vegetable Korma
Potatoes and Green Beans
Carrots and Peas
Meat Entrees
Chicken Mirch Masala
Beef Tikka Masala
Tandoori Chicken
Dessert
Kheer
Fruits and Cream


I'm all over the soups, the chicken pakoras, the masalas, and the fruits and cream. Oh. My. God. And the mango lemonade! *happy sounds*

On TV: A Night at the Roxbury, which I hate.
Listening: Alison Krauss & Union Station (I feel bad leaving the Union Station part out. What's a siner without a band?)
In head: PAIN.

16 comments:

  1. its okay to read.

    naked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I really didn't get to do anything yesterday because of a horrible hangover. I'll have to make myself do some school work today. After lunch, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny, Johnny...the biggest perv on the east coast.

    Elise, but did the lab rescue visit go well? That's all that really matters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It did. The woman was really nice, the house visit went well and some of the fosters are supposed to be contacting us so we can see how Kahlua will do with some of the dogs they have.

    This whole process is pretty hardcore, namely because I kind of feel like we're being scrutinized as to whether or not we're fit pet parents. You'd think that we were trying to adopt a baby or something with all the various steps and hoops to jump through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I'll be thinking of you, too. Actually, I'll be thinking of the naan, but you'll be in there somewhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put the question back to you--what IS a siner without a band??

    I've found that time after midnight seems to speed up. I can surf HNTs at midnight, and the next thing I know it's 3AM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we have a reception tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What class are you using the Curious Incident for? I want to join! :)


    Kestrel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elise,
    I was thinking the same thing. It is pretty hard core. Same thing with the miniature schnauzer rescues I've checked out. Love the puppayyys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eil,
    Look at you commenting! The naan was wonderful, by the way. As was the cream of garlic soup. I feel cleansed.

    Os, you had to point that out, didn't you? :-P

    Jeremy, we do. Although I don't know why I'm answering since I just finished talking to you. This shit is going to interrupt my watching of the Oscars. We're gonna make it a brief visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kestrel,
    Come aboard! It's for an undergraduate adolescent lit. class. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, been goin to the one in Addison. I think there's just that one and one in Austin. It's soooo yummy! I'm still stuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. shit andi- can you remove that comment i made yesterday under the wrong name?? sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Give yourself some credit. You're reading for a reason. And besides, I live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cincy,
    I am certainly reading. Reading READING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time? Have that. I think I liked it... but I read it too fast to remember much. If it's not a FABULOUS book I read and walk away. It's like a one-night stand without all the "who has a condom" talk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!