Friday, April 07, 2006

The Devil Made Me Do It

Cincy tagged me, and I do whatever the SunDevil wants.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you? :
On a High (
Duncan Sheik)
I'm on a high, I'm on a high
There's nothing more to it
We are the sea and the sky
And the blue that runs through it


Will I have a happy life? : Who Says You Can’t Go Home (Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles)
Doesn't matter where you are
Doesn't matter where you go
If it's a million miles away or just a mile up the road
Take it in, take it with you when you go
Who says you can't go home

What do my friends really think of me? : Leisure Suite (Feist)
Build fires to stoke them
Let’s fix what’s been broken
Words have been stolen
But silence is golden

What do people secretly think of me? : Better Days (Goo Goo Dolls)
And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days


How can I be happy? : Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison) -- this obviously refers to my brown-eyed lesbian girlfriend, Kate Winslet.

What should I do with my life? : Mad World (Gary Jules, Donnie Darko Soundtrack)
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very

Mad world

Will I ever have children? : Like a Stone (Audioslave) -- guess not!
On a cobweb afternoon in a room full of emptiness by a freeway i confess i was lost in the pages of a book full of death reading how we'll die alone and if we're good we'll lay to rest anywhere we want to go

What is some good advice for me? : Love is a Battlefield (Pat Benatar) -- 'nuf said. No lyrics required.

How will I be remembered? : What Kind of Love (Rodney Crowell)
What kind of love makes you go out in the wind and driving rain
What kind of love runs through your heart with a pleasure so close to pain
What kind of love
Only this love that I have


What is my signature dancing song? :
Disco in the Cold (Majorette)
One more chance keeps staring back
Your little words and a shot of Jack
You learn to leave you learn to leave
Know when it’s over
I think I took too long to call you

What do I think my current theme song is? : Central Reservation (Beth Orton)
I step through every shade

Any the color you bring
This time, this time, this time
Is fine just as it is
Today is whatever I want it to mean

What does everyone else think my current theme song is? : Highway Blues (Marc Seales)

What song will play at my funeral? : Sweet Home Alabama (Lynard Skynard)

Big wheels keep on turnin’
Carry me home to see my kin

What type of men do you like? : Threadbare Gypsy Soul (Willie Nelson and Pat Green)

Got myself a threadbare gypsy soul
Likes to dance and drink and go wherever the wind blows
Got a little threadbare gypsy soul
Got a little threadbare gypsy soul

What is my day going to be like? : Eric’s Song (Twelve Stones)
Sometimes I feel like I am so far away

I’m lost inside my thoughts and I don’t know what to say
And I know I need you now more every day
I push and I pull and I run so far away

Currently listening to: "Mandolin Rain"...Bruce Hornsby

6 comments:

  1. Oh noes! Kate's been cheating on me!

    It's okay. I'll just run off to my new movie boyfriend, Hugo, for comfort. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going through some Andi withdrawals. I feel like I haven't seen you lately.

    We should plan another play date soon, if we can scrounge up some time in between the constant asswhip of research that usually goes hand in hand with the last month of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this meme. I think I'm going to have to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eil, she feels really bad about it, but I'm glad you have Hugo to comfort you. :D

    Elise, I'm withdrawaling too. Let's go out for Indian and have a movie night soon. You need to see Proof.

    Sole, do it! Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu're the best! I have to go and download these tunes now. I'll create an Andi playlist with these tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy, Cincy! I'll feel bad if you hate 'em all. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!