Saturday, April 08, 2006

To where does the time crawl away?

Unlike Elise, I've done nothing thus far today. Nothing. I woke up around 8:00, went back to sleep, backed out on going to pick out some new New Balance sneakers, went back to sleep, woke up, watched TV for a bit, read one source for my annotated bib, did the annotation, ate some shrimp from Long John Silver's, changed my nose ring for the first time since January (now sporting a kicky irridescent stud), moved all my annotated bib shit (including computer) to my desk in a vague attempt to get serious, moved all my annotated bib shit (including computer) back to my bed where I can really get some work done, and now I sit here blogging instead of writing my annotated bib.

THIS MADNESS HAS TO STOP!!

I'm unhooking from the internet, and you won't hear from me again until the bowels of night expel me.

TV: Nothing! I'll even watch Twister to keep from working, it seems.
Listening: NOTHING!
Reading: Stuffy journal articles. 20 of them to be exact.


7 comments:

  1. Annotated Bib's are such an asswhip. Mine probably still needs some tweaking.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue what annotated bib is but I'll take your word for it. I actually got up early and got ALL my errands done for the day. I got a new driver's license, paid some bills, ran to the bank, got a haircut. I'm proud of myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my friends who have their doctorates all say the same thing: your house will never be as clean as when you have to write. It appears that anything will be better than writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *giggle* though I've never had to do an annotated bib, I do know what it's like to do anything and everything other than that which is needed! LOL If you need another distraction, feel free to fly out here and help me paint my condo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elise, I got half of it finished yesterday (10 sources), so I'll do the rest today and BE DONE with it! Of all the nights for me to fall asleep early, last night was not a good choice.

    Sole, do take my word for it. It's not really hard at all, just time consuming. Good for you with all your errand running. Getting a new driver's license is my least favorite thing in the world...right up there with going to the gyno.

    Cincy, that is SO VERY true.

    Vixen, on my way! I love painting and I love peeking at the inside of people's homes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. My babies probably wish they could unhook my computer PERMANENTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine are probably glad I keep my internet hooked up. I'd drive them nuts otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!