Friday, April 21, 2006

Wonderwall....

HA! I stayed up half the night trying to download Ryan Adams' version of "Wonderwall." No go. Soulseek was bein' a little bitch and no matter how many times I begged the minions of the greater universe, no download. I finally gave in and decided to download the regular ole Oasis version--since I couldn't find What's the Story Morning Glory? no matter how hard I hunted. I was doing all this in a sickly stupor since the snot finally overtook me yesterday. I woke up coughing my head off, my lungs in full-scale revolt, and with the wheezy cadence of Tanya Tucker in my throat. It all sounds very eloquent, doesn't it? It wasn't really. Just snotty and wheezy and miserable. And the Oasis didn't download either. So I went to sleep in a pouty mood listening to Rascal Flatts.

Woke up this morning feeling a little more human, but with my head threatening to twist off its axis. Or maybe it was just my unborn twin trying to tunnel his way out again. Either way, I had two sugar-free shortbread cookies for breakfast accompanied by a side of Excedrin Tension Headache. The pussified red kind don't work as fast. I miss the days of the white ones that looked like overgrown vicodin. Quite suitable for sprinkling over a sandwich or dry-swallowing.

The good news is, "Wonderwall" (the Adams version) downloaded this morning. All is right with the world. At least until 2:15 when I have to get dressed and be amongst the living. I like the living (shout out to Jizzle, Lil E. and Goose) but I still feel like shit. And being cute while I feel like shit is just so wrong.

And I have to write a 9-page paper by Monday. Actually, make that seven. The abstract was two. Either way, no motivation and limited time to work on it.

OH, and one exciting thing. E-mailed my prof yesterday to tell him I wouldn't be in class last night--to my surprise he took it rather well and offered me an independent study in the fall. I need to get sick more often!

On TV: "Honeymoon"...House
Listening: Ryan croon-me-into-a-stupor Adams..."Wonderwall"
Reading: The Blindfold. Screw required reading I say. It seems to have become my mantra.
In my head: A chemical romance...thank you Excedrin.

maybe you're gonna be the one that saves
you're gonna be the one that saves me
and after all
you're my wonderwall

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you're still sick? I thought you got over it...where the hell have I been? LOL

    Well, I hope you feel tons better soon, my dear, and to help you along, I tagged you! LOL Hey, blame BonanzaJellyBean! She started it! LOL It's really not that bad. And I promise never to do it again, because I won't participate again. I'd been wondering if I would ever get tagged, and I was, and am now over it. :)

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Vix. Yeah, still sick. Probably a mixture of allergies, weird TX weather, and stress. I got better then started harking all over again. It's been going around here (my mom was sick for like a month).

    Thanks for the tag! I actually like being tagged (probably the only one in the blogosphere who does).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, a month? What am I surprised about? I got sick with the flu the day after Christmas, and had it until the last day of January. I feel her pain, and yours!

    You aren't the only one that likes to get tagged. I might say I'm over it, but *sshh* I kinda like it too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I knew you would. I think I'm a narcissist, the way I like to talk about myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't talk too loudly about Ryan Adams. I don't want the secret of his talent to get out to the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep it under wraps, just for you, Quill.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!