Monday, May 29, 2006

Bless their tortured, tangled hearts...


To your left is one of the many goodies I purchased at Artfest today. It shall soon be a necklace.

It's 3 am, so I won't be blogging substantially until tomorrow. Here's what to expect:

The complete report over today's fantabulous playdate with Elise.

A lengthy diatribe about the shitty state of the world, and my thoughts on the Dixie Chicks' new album (yes, I'll be discussing "the comment" that was made about the "war on terrorism" that got all the world's fuckwits angry with the chicks). The new album is amazing. I was iffy at first, but I'm now 100% sure that it's amazing and Natalie is my #1 girl-crush.


I know you said

Can't you just get over it
It turned my whole world around
And I kind of like it
I made my bed and I sleep like a baby

I'm not ready to make nice
I'm not ready to back down
I'm still mad as hell and
I don't have to go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
And probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should

9 comments:

  1. I really want this album!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart is the shit. I went to the artist's website, though it is still under construction. Her stuff was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that necklace looks like it will be painful - i mean seriously, what if you forgot to take it off when you were going raving or something and poked out someones eye?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marg, it's amazing!!!! Get it, get it!

    Elise, her stuff was crazy. I still want one of the "guardian angels" with the doll head and arms. Brilliance I tell you.

    AMS, that was actually my motivation for buying one. I figure if I'm ever endangered by a rabid student or a rabid raver I can take care of things with one swift poke to soft tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a country fan in any way, however I read a recent article on the Dixie Chicks and I respect what they've said about the whole situation. People are just asshats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that a majority of Americans agree with the Dixie Chicks (although probably not a majority of country music fans) they should have called this CD "We Told You So" or "I've Been to Toby Keith's Vegas Bar and Grill and Found the Food Bland and the Service Spotty".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam,
    Funny you should mention the "countriness". This new album is largely being described as "California rock", although it still has country overtones. It might be worth downloading a song or two. I have the utmost respect for them, especially since they said something many people didn't have the balls to say and still don't.

    LOL, Todd. It has that vibe even if the title doesn't reflect it. It's pretty much a kick in the fucking crotch to all the persnickety backbiting country fans who sent them death threats and the like. Fuckrags should not be allowed to have telephones or send letters without them being monitored. Oh, wait, Bush is taking care of that as we speak! Right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new album is fantastic, glad to hear you're liking it more.

    One of them [Emily, I think?] said that she hopes that the new album weeds out the more casual fans and leaves a solid following. And of course, people are whining about that comment, since it was country fans that helped make the Chicks huge and everything. Pfft, whatever.

    I can't believe what Natalie said is still an issue, sheesh. The thing is, if she had said earlier this year, would it have still made such a big impact?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, that's the shitty thing. If it'd been said this year they'd be heroes. It just goes to show, the Chicks are always ahead of their time. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!