Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What the fuckin' hell...

Woke up this morning to the chorus that is our three dogs. Handyman is here caulking and painting trim. He got here, as far as I could tell by the rabid barking, 'round 7am. I didn't bother to get up and shush them 1) because Mom was still home and could do it 2) because there's no point, they'll just bark more anyway. Mom left around 8:00 after telling me she'd moved my car back in the garage in order to keep it from getting painted upon (therefore, I'll have to wrestle down a painter to STOP painting when I leave for work at 11:00). So far, nothing horrible. Having Handyman at the abode is annoying but workable.

Until....

About 8:15 I finally lost my patience with the dogs and charged out into the living room in my usual sleepwear. Most of you who've been reading for more than 5 minutes know that I prefer to sleep in a t-shirt and panties. You've heard the stories about me running outside in winter without changing into appropriate clothing.

I got about 3 feet into the living room, was saying loud nasty things to the dogs about barking with my ass hangin' out and my hair all 'afro, when I turned to my left and saw Handyman's face in the crack of the door. He wasn't door-peeping or anything, but he had the wooden door cracked a good piece so he could caulk around the OUTSIDE of the storm door. Why the motherfucking hell he needed to open the inside door to caulk around the outside one I'll never know (and don't bother explaining, please), but it meant my ass on display. I promptly gasped, charged back into my bedroom, and put on real clothes.

This is why I hate having "the help" (dripping with sarcasm) around the house.

On a lighter note, this is what
The Funky Bee sent me! The Emmy press pack for House!!! It's this cute little hangable blood bag and in a pouch on the back is a DVD with 4 episodes (3 of which I haven't seen because I got in on Season 2 late) and a fold-out with the run-down on all the awards the show is eligible for. I shrieked! And, of course, I've already watched all 4 episodes.





My eternal gratitude to Funky! This is a GREAT souvenir! I luuurv it!


Listening: A Certain Trigger...Maximo Park (new obsession)

28 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG you lucky bitch!! Oh that is the most coolest thing ever. EVER! Oh I'm green with envy.

    So, he saw you in all your glory huh? You never know, he might have liked it. Was he cute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! Isn't it great? My mom was all like, "Are you gonna hang up that blood bag?" To which I replied, "YES! Yes I am!" She thinks I've lost it a little, but she's known me for almost 26 years--you'd think she'd be used to it by now!

    I can't BELIEVE he got a hooker at the end of that episode where he shot himself up with the migraine meds and then dropped acid. I wanted to THROW UP. But the bike is hot!

    And the handyman is def not cute. Well, actually for an old guy he is cute. And he's like MENSA smart and always talks to me about school, so I shouldn't feel too bad about showing my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's that smart and he's painting houses?? Must be his day job.

    I know, I couldn't believe he got the hooker either. I remember seeing the rumor about it and just couldn't believe it. I mean, why not just get it from Cam?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such great packaging. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I think he's just one of those guys that wants a simple life where he makes his own hours, etc. Has a really successful handymanning business.

    And totally get it from Cam! Sheesh! I've seen discussion of Season 2 on LJ where people gripe about a character change in House from S1 to S2. Do you think he changed?? So far, from what I've seen of S2, he didn't change that much. He's still an asshole but he has his quiet, introspective moments just like always. Very curious to see what you have to say about that. What sparked it was an article about how dark he'll be in S3 dealing with the addiction, etc.

    Carl, isn't it, though?! Very clever indeedy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo cool.

    Don't moan about only now getting to season two, we're still in the middle of season 1. Which I suppose is a good thing cause a lot of tv seems to be coming to an end roundabout now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fence, I forget y'all are behind us on seasons. I would love to be seeing S1 for the first time again. I pretty much have the whole thing memorized at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think he changed THAT much. I thought it was a natural progression of his character. It would get boring fast if he never changed. I saw that article too and given what happened in the last show, I totally expect it. I wouldn't like House to have a change like Foreman did after his brush with death. I expect him to get darker and more conflicted. If he doesn't I will be very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll talk to you about school, and I can fake MENSA smarts, if it means I might get to see your ass!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Os, I was timing to see how long it took to get that response, and I'm very disappointed that it took you this long to reply. I trust you were away from your computer during the morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The House press pack?

    Freaking made of AWESOME.

    Wenchie's coming over this weekend. We ought to all get together and watch Hugo Weaving movies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know! I'm thinking of making an LJ icon of it! lol

    I think I'm free this weekend. Lemme check with the mom and see if I'm committed to family things. Will get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good call--I was out running errands this morning before work, and then didn't get over until after lunch. I'll try to do better in the future. I promise...

    ReplyDelete
  14. My neighbor decided to mow his lawn after 10 last night. In the dark. What the hell?
    Now, I wasn't bare-assed or anything, but I thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man, that's a sweet press pack. I'm not a House fan, but it's so cool looking!

    Random observation: People who like House can't stand 24, and vice versa. I have never met anyone who likes both...

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's OK, Os. Despite my disappointment I think I'll muddle through.

    Thanks, Kestrel!

    Kat, that's bizarre. Did he cut anything off? With any luck the alcohol would've thinned his blood and he might've fertilized his grass nicely.

    Heather, isn't it luscious?? I just wanna stare at it and squish the "blood" around. I've never watched 24, but I think it's a neat idea (and Keiffer sp? is hot). And there was once a Jack Bauer references on House. Gotta love intertextuality.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Andi,

    This is the Charles from the Writing Center (the bald guy). I just came across the Hugh Laurie (sans cane) and Stephen Fry Jeeves and Wooster show from the early 90s. Freaking hilarious--have you seen them?If not then I highly recommend. I'm going through the whole thing as fast as NetFlix can get them to my mailbox.

    Later,
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Charles! Glad you stopped in. I haven't watched any proper episodes of Jeeves and Wooster, but I've seen a ton of clips. It's actually on my list of stuff to buy right after Blackadder. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to debunk that theory....we like 24 AND House! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  20. THAT is so freakin' cool...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tanabata,
    Thanks for setting us straight. I knew there had to be someone out there!

    NWJR, isn't it, though?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. holy shit i am SO jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. YAYYY! I'm glad you got the HOUSE thingy. And I'm glad you liked it. Now go put some pants on you exhibitionist you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!