Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hmm...and the latest report on newt/meerkat relations (aka, the Puny Wars)

So, I fell asleep at work today. I should probably impress upon you, gentle readers, the danger of falling asleep in your workplace when you work with two boys. I distinctly remember thinking, as I nodded off, "You must wake up before Jeremy and Charles come down for break."
I had no intention of sleeping for one hour and 8 minutes, but sometimes the Sandman has bigger plans than expected.

However, luckily for me, I did in fact wake up about 3 minutes before they came down for break. I was spared all manner of vile things they could've put in my sleeping mouth, and was only subject to a bit of mild torture regarding the red spot on my head that I acquired in the leaning process (was curled up in a chair).

Sorry for calling you guys "little bitches." I would never do that under normal circumstances.

*fingers firmly crossed*

**********************************

The latest report from the Associated Press is a grim tale of woe and bloodshed. Secret newt forces--the evil Uncle Tumnus and his cohort in crime, Captain Paragraph--infiltrated a meerkat camp and after a senseless slaughtering, the two henchmen bathed in the blood of the innocents. The meerkat community is still reeling but healing.


Two meerkats holding each other after the attack.




Newt forces appear to have posted their human minions just outside the meerkat camp in an effort to contain the meerkat legions and achieve stardom with a reality show on the National Geographic network.


Sadly, Uncle Petemoss is still missing.

Any new information will be promptly reported here or on your local Meerkat News Network.

Listening: "Baba O'Riley"...The Who

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Perhaps I should start napping at work.

    I'm still trying to find a picture of Greg the fighting tapeworm that isn't quite so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commander Andi, is it time for me to send in the tiny plaid ninja special forces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely hope you don't fall asleep on this job. Not only will they stack things on top of your head, cover you with whipped cream, and smear magic markers over your face, but they'll also take a picture of you and put it on the Internet.

    People are so mean. Not like meerkats at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. meerkats = scary...I am truly scared Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is getting nasty. Cause newts are nasty. Nasty nasty nasty. I'm rootin' for the meerkats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh God, not Uncle Peatmoss! I'll play Gypsy in his honour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!