Monday, July 24, 2006

Let the uncomfortable silence begin....because sarcasm is more fun than honesty.

I miss your hair, you miss my eyes
And all this solitude
Is my confidence eroding
So we slide inside of
Someone’s mouth and someone’s eyes
Until there’s a sound
Of something intimate exploding
But it's all inside of you
It’s all inside of you
I wish that i was anesthetized
And sterilized and then
We wouldn’t have this evidence congealing
Surprise surprise,
Another pair of lips and eyes
And that is the consequence
Of actually feeling
It was all inside of you
Not mine, but I offer a cookie for anyone who knows what song it is. Elise? And I'm not quite that maudlin tonight, but I am pissed off that I can't sleep. I've been tossing and turning and thinking, which does no one any good. I wish it was tomorrow so I'd be up and dressed and sitting in the WC with my laptop working. Because as it is I feel like I should just lie down and sleep. I feel iffy. I knew that chicken was bad news (not the Brunch Club chicken). I wish I knew how to play the guitar. I should put forth the effort to paint again. Or just fucking sketch. I should send something off for publication soon. I went to my grandparents' grave tonight. I don't hate you. I just think you're weak. Things should change. It's time.

10 comments:

  1. We need an Isomniac Cafe Brazil club for Dallas insomniacs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to add - we can smuggle in Frangelica or Bailey's to spike our decaf coffee with :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andi: You're the last one I'll bug tonight, or this morning. I finally figured out this blog thing. Aren't you proud? Are you taking the August Mini course? I'm pretty sure I am, and I hope you do, because you are the Queen of Graphic (Narrative).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem angry today.

    Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Carriage" by the Counting Crows.

    I slept like crap last night. I've been tossing and turning since about 1 in the morning just kind of drifting in and out of sleep. I finally got sick of it and woke up at 5:45.

    Obviously, my "sleep hygiene" isn't really working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. uuggh, I couldn't sleep last night either. Hope you're feeling okay today however. I am so tired it hurts! Maybe it's something to do with the moon - who the fuck knows?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, Blitch! I'd be allll over that! And we can absolutely smuggle some Bailey's. Would probably help my sleep situation.

    Cynthia, I'm currently planning to take the mini...although if it doesn't make, that'll save me an ass-load of money! Glad you figured out this blogging business!

    Kat, meh. Pensive. I actually had a fabulous day once I got some sleep (a little sleep) and got to school. Much more upbeat than I've been in a while. I think it might've just been some leftover dehydration and delusional euphoria from this weekend's libations.

    Elise, I thought of you at 2am when I couldn't sleep and it was obvious that my sleeping hygiene was also lacking. And I'll bring your prize cookie tomorrow.

    Funky, blame it on the moon! It's always the damn moon. Troublemaker. Hope your day improved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, I love your picture...sexy (I tried to spell out a growl, but was unsuccessful).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cynthia...thank you dearest. And I recommend "rawwr" for a growl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe it's time to do nothing. But learning the guitar is easy and fun. A year from now, you can be touring with a punk band.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!