Saturday, July 29, 2006

Yadda + yadda = this post

The crazy fuckers at the Johnny Utah Symposium have done it again. Just click here and cackle with me, kids.

The universe conspired to give me a really good day today. Woke up around 9, lounged around for a bit, hit up the best grocery store around 10:30 and bought tasty foods (hummus, artichokes for stuffing and baking, and the makins of kalamata meatballs, among other things). An unusually large number of strangers said hi and winked at me today. My boob wasn't hangin' out or anything, so it must've been a good hair day. Read The Wizard of Oz, so I don't have to worry about that for class this week. Have pretty much mind-written my piece on memory for Estella's Revenge. The meatballs came to tasty fruition with some couscous and a veggie saute. Texas weather is pretty damn nice at 10pm. I even drove around after my run with the top open and the windows down listening to fun music (vintage Alanis anyone?). And the real topper? STEVE CARRELL hosting Saturday Night Live (baby daddy)!!!

I think I'll watch For Love of the Game as I fall asleep. Because everyone knows Kevin Costner is the best actor ever. *urp*

Watching: SNL
Listening: "Tennessee"...The Wreckers

16 comments:

  1. You say that the forces of natur conspired that you may have a good day?

    Now that's a conspiracy theory I can live with. More conspiring please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to call me about the book club, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. X, that's what I'm talkin' about. Bring on the universe.

    Non, I'll give you a call tonight or if something comes up, I'll e-mail you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just purchased Alanis "Collections" the other week. I thought it was that acapello album, but I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like The Wreckers. Those strangers who said hi and winked at you were just me in various disguises.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, hummus. I could eat it with a spoon out of the tub.

    Was that SNL a new one? Bellan and I tuned in during Weekend Update, and thought it must be since what'shisname was anchoring and not Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you had a great day!!

    whats next on the reading list?

    ReplyDelete
  8. did you get my articles? I accidently deleted your email! I had 2 poems, a creative non-fiction piece, a retro read, and a bookgasm....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat, is there a whole a capella album? I thought it was just that performance of "You Oughta Know" from the Grammys (or was it American Music Awards?) that year. That was a smashing performance. One of the few wonderful ones I've actually witnessed on live TandV.

    Todd, I like The Wreckers too, but I'm super-pissed right now because my goddamn Windows Media Player won't recognize all the songs, thus no burning of the CD for Andi. Gonna have to buy the whole fuckin' thing if all else fails. And thanks for the winkage. Now, let's hold each other.

    Heatherina, it was an SNL rerun. Missed most of it the first time. Horatio whats-his-name is a gawdawful news man. *urp*

    Cold, not sure. I'm pretty much done with the reading for the children's lit class, and I'm wishing on my lucky stars that my August mini doesn't make. If that's the case I'll probably finish The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials series rocks my fucking socks), as well as Philip Roth's The Human Stain, and I also want to read The Book of Illusions by Paul Auster. I've had a mad urge to re-read What I Loved, by Siri Hustvedt (Auster's wife), but I can't make myself do it when I have so many unread things waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did get 'em, Amanda. Was just about to e-mail you back. Thanks, chica! They look luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I hold you, I'm coppin' a feel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Todd, that's cool. You're tall, big hands, yadda yadda. You win.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a good day before it descended into nightmares :)

    And I wish I had know Steve Carrell was on SNL. I lurve him. :(


    Do you need anything else for Estella? I don't know if I can finish my review today (SORRY!!) but I can probably find some recipes or snazzy stuff. Just lemme know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some snazzies would be good! I have none at this juncture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sent you some things at your estellasrevenge addy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!