Friday, August 11, 2006

Freeeeedom!

The break officially begins. While I feel the slightest iota of guilt that the graphic narrative class didn't make, it goes away surprisingly quickly. I'm too burned out (charred more like) and bitter to do another mini this summer. And I refuse to max out my credit card.

The only thing standing in the way of a true break: must write a journal length essay before the 24th. I'm shooting for 15 pages. I shall do most of it from Monday to Wednesday of this coming week.

Other to-do's over the break:

Get hair redded again.
Finish reading The Human Stain, The Amber Spyglass, and The Book of Illusions.
Have at least one girls' day with Elise.
Not drink.
Work out like a bastard (am wearing a size smaller jean lately).
Watch movies like a bastard (Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Secretary, The Cooler, and others).
Catch up on blog reading and write something other than complete crap.
Listen to good music ("Ride" by Cary Brothers as we speak).
Catch up with Rachel (started yesterday with a long visit).
Get Gabe a tape so he can record Hugh Laurie's Inside the Actors Studio for me.
Talk to Jeff because he makes me smile.

Listening: "Soul Meets Body"....Death Cab for Cutie
Watching: Travel Channel

5 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are free at last! Congratulations on the size down! I'll see you in class during the Fall. Until then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Enjoy your well earned break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Bethleen. Looking forward to having everyone back to hang out with and laugh with at inappropriate moments. :D

    Carl, thanks! I certainly will take full advantage of the time off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andi, you don't write crap at all. I love reading your stuff. You're so engaging.

    Your hair looks GORGEOUS red.

    I'm so happy you're reading Paul Auster :))))))) <--- See???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lou. I'm so ready to be redded again because it makes me feel like a vixen. CAn't wait to start Auster! I wish my attention span was longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!