Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Goodnight Irene, Good Morning HOUSE!

It's been an eventful day and night, kids. Good times were had by all. We'll start with last night because I'm a fan of chronological order.

Elise, Jeremy, Charles, and myself met up around 7:30ish for cocktails and merriment at E's house. We putzed around til around 9:30 at which time we piled into the Jeremy family SUV and hit the road to Dallas to Club Dada for Mixtapes and Babyfights starring the ever fuckin' awesome Hardin Sweaty and the Ready to Go. Before Hardin Sweaty we were at times entertained and at times completely tortured by local comedians. The first one = thumbs down. The second guy = thumbs pretty high up. The third guys = ohmygod-made-the-second-guy-get-even-higher-thumbs-up-because-they-were-AWFUL.

Then Hardin Sweaty hit the stage and we were positively blown away by the excellent guitar skills of our friend Goose (master poetry poopsmith), and the equally excellent bass, drum, and vocal skills of his partners in crime. Now, I have to say, even though I love the Goose, I went into the show with a healthy amount of skepticism because I'm really picky about live music. Live performances are the test of a musician's worth for me, and I honestly have to say, Hardin Sweaty is AMAZING. Goose promised me all along that it would rock so hard my face would melt off Chernobyl-style, and I might walk out of the place all aglow. Well, the guys certainly didn't disappoint. There was much head bobbing, bouncing around, and screaming. After which I bought the entire Hardin Sweaty library including the new album, Elephant Gun. I urge any and all of you in the Dallas area to check out Hardin Sweaty, and those of you around the world, go check out their website or stream some of their music on Myspace (I recommend "Aunt Ant"...my personal favorite). I want an "I Like it Hardin Sweaty" t-shirt. Goose, see if you can arrange that.

NOW, on the other really-good-thing-happened front--obviously I got home late after I designatedly drove us all home. Then I stayed up watching Scrubs until 4:30. So, this morning when the doorbell rang at 10:30, I was a bit pissed. I lounged here in my bed (where I still am) thinking of how much I didn't want to get up, but I finally did, and what did I find at the door? A box from Amazon. My sleep-addled brain couldn't wrap around the why's of the Amazon box at my door. Even when I opened it and found the second season of House, I kept thinking, "But I didn't order this. Does Amazon know me so well that they just send me cool shit now?" Then I looked at the shipping form, and it was from none other than Os!!!!! He left a comment yesterday which simply said, "I did something that I think will break you out of your funk."

I'm FUNKLESS now!!! I immediately popped that puppy into the DVD player and watched all the extras and the one episode I missed this season--"All In". And everyone knows "All In" is the best episode because House TOTALLY lusts after Cameron in the red dress. *fans self*

Shut up. I know I'm a dork, but it's OK. Dorks are fun.

So, a very special THANK YOUUUUU to Os for making my day. A day when I have to finish my paper, and then I'll begin a 24-hour-long HOUSE-a-thon.

Listening: "Robot Apocalypse"....Hardin Sweaty & the Ready to Go

23 comments:

  1. I had a feeling I could render you funkless!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww- Os you know you are the best!!!

    I have never seen the show Andi, but all of your talk made me put it in my blockbuster queue yesterday! Im excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD, you will probably love it. He's a snarky bastard. Did you queue up season 1 or 2? I recommend starting from the beginning. And give it a few episodes to settle because the pilot wasn't that great (the color was weird).

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Os, you most definitely did. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. season 1 is on its way.... yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, glad to hear House cheered you up. I can't stand the bastard, but good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't you hear? House was cancelled. I saw it on Yahoo! entertainment the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, thanks Heather.

    Todd, don't funk with me, brotha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, how sweet! Have fun with it, Andi. Amazon still hasn't bothered to tell me Season 2 is available. I'll buy it from Target. I'm having no luck with Amazon, this year.

    Happy Marathoning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Nancy! I'm gonna start the House-a-thon tomorrow probably. I think I can knock off the paper tonight, finish the 3rd disc of Scrubs and be well on my way to House'ness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a fabulous night out with friends and OS - WHAT A GUY! That is awesome. You are a lucky little lady, Enjoy the House-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, what happened to the newt and meerkat war? Is it possible to resume the war in between episodes of House?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How come Os doesn't buy me shit?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Funky! I most definitely will.

    Kat, yes it is!

    Fem, the war ended abruptly. Sometimes these things happen in warfare. It's unpredictable and fickle!

    Non, have you been verbally abusing him about his traffic violations? That's what I do, and it seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for House! And yay for Os!

    I wish you were here, we could have a House-a-thon together! I think I'm going to watch them all this weekend.

    That is if I can stay awake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, I wish we could House-a-thon together, too!!! We could break out the popcorn and cotton candy. Mmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Duh. Try this one:

    http://tinyurl.com/zemxl

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa. That one's going in the "Hugh Laurie" folder and I'll be buying that issue!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol

    doesn't he look like he's having naughty thoughts? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe the Lifetime network will still show the old episodes. All is not lost.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL, that's exactly what it looks like (while popping that rubber glove). Love it!

    Todd, Lifetime is the shit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!